[KinkForAll] Thanks and What's Next?

Rebecca Crane

Jun 26, 2012, 10:49:04 AM6/26/12
to KinkForAll
Hello, Kink For All mailing list at large!

I'm not sure how many people read this, but I wanted to send a quick update to all the folks who have been following KinkForAll as it expands across the country. First of all, I wanted to say huge THANKS to Alisa for all the hard work she did putting together KinkForAll San Francisco! Noisebridge were great hosts and we had lots of good discussions. You can check out the schedule grid here: http://kinkforall.pbworks.com/w/page/54579841/KinkForAllSanFrancisco2Schedule

KFASF2 was the 10th KinkForAll, so that's awesome. This means that, in addition to being a guide for unorganizing local KinkForAll events, kinkforall.org is becoming a great archive of all kinds of information! So, what now?

* Videos: There are still a few being uploaded from both KFASF2 and KFADEN.

* Transcripts: I've created a folder on the Wiki for transcripts of videos, to make the information in them more easily accessible to more people. There's no overarching navigation yet; for now, I've just been linking any transcripts directly to their corresponding sessions on the Schedule Grids. If you have some time on your hands and want to transcribe a few of your favorite videos, that would be a great help!

* Unorganizing Info: Now that there are a whole bunch of us, I'd love to have a short conversation among folks who have unorganized past KinkForAlls -- and maybe folks who are thinking about unorganizing future KinkForAlls. Anybody? -- to share tips, tricks, advice, etc. Any past unorganizers still paying attention to the mailing list?

* Translation: The next KinkForAll is slated to happen early this October in Las Cruces, NM. Making KinkForAll open and accessible there will mean translating a lot of the KinkForAll materials into Spanish. But I'm reaching out to the larger KinkForAll community on this, also, because Spanish versions of KFA materials will be a helpful resource for anyone who wants to plan a KinkForAll in a Spanish-speaking area -- so, y'know, pretty much anywhere in the U.S. ;-)

Hope everyone is having a great summer,
- Rebecca

maymay

Jun 26, 2012, 8:43:48 PM6/26/12
to kinkf...@googlegroups.com
On Jun 26, 2012, at 7:49 AM, Rebecca Crane wrote:

> * Transcripts: I've created a folder on the Wiki for transcripts of videos, to make the information in them more easily accessible to more people. There's no overarching navigation yet; for now, I've just been linking any transcripts directly to their corresponding sessions on the Schedule Grids. If you have some time on your hands and want to transcribe a few of your favorite videos, that would be a great help!

This. Is. So. Awesome.

Thank you. :)

I made a few structural changes to your transcripts so that they are presented a little more aesthetically and also are easier to link to.[0]

Have a look at http://wiki.KinkForAll.org/Tips for some miscellaneous things. You can use this page as a braindump space. Others can later help out by gardening the wiki.[1]

> * Translation: The next KinkForAll is slated to happen early this October in Las Cruces, NM. Making KinkForAll open and accessible there will mean translating a lot of the KinkForAll materials into Spanish. But I'm reaching out to the larger KinkForAll community on this, also, because Spanish versions of KFA materials will be a helpful resource for anyone who wants to plan a KinkForAll in a Spanish-speaking area -- so, y'know, pretty much anywhere in the U.S. ;-)
>
> Hope everyone is having a great summer,
> - Rebecca

I'll ask some folks I know if they can spend any energy doing this, because it would rock my world. :) Among them is Aida, who may also be reading, but I'll ping her out of band, as well.

Cheers,
-maymay
Blog: http://maybemaimed.com
Talk show: http://KinkOnTap.com