it begins

dom...@bumbaca.com

Aug 6, 2022, 9:09:29 AM8/6/22
to ki...@googlegroups.com
Jeff,

Thank you for starting this group.

Dominic

Hans Otten

Aug 6, 2022, 9:14:11 AM8/6/22
to KIM-1
Glad to be part of this group!

Jeff Nay

Aug 6, 2022, 9:30:25 AM8/6/22
to KIM-1
I have recently started trouble shooting a REV G KIM-1 for a friend of mine. Most of the people who have been invited to this group, may already be familiar with my efforts, to determine if the 6530-002 may be the problem.

I created a simple bread board and connected the 6530-002 that I want to test on it and wired it to my working KIM-1.

I had determined that I could use K4 ($1000) for the ROM and K2 ($800+A9,A8+A6) ($oB40) for the I/O timer.

I have received a lot of good information from Hans and from from Youtube Channel Host Code Monkey King.

I thought I had it all figured out, so I wired it all up and hooked it up to my KIM-1, but my KIM-1 would not start with that board attached. So, maybe someone can take a look at my wiring diagram and see where I may have made a mistake. Or is it possible that I can not test the 6530-002 using this setup?

6530-002 Wiring Diagram.jpg
6530-002 Wiring Diagram.jpg

freesoft....@gmail.com

Aug 6, 2022, 3:19:25 PM8/6/22
to KIM-1
Thanks for invitation, guys, it honor for me!

Jeff Nay

Aug 6, 2022, 3:48:16 PM8/6/22
to KIM-1
I pulled (U4) 74145 and tested it on a bread board and it seems to be working fine. Maybe not high speed fine, but it is working prefect otherwise. So, I guess I can put it back in the board and take another look at my 6530-002 breadboard testing project to see what is preventing my KIM-1 from starting up, when I have the bread board attached. While I wait to receive the 6532 replacement board, that Dominic has graciously sent out to me.

I did hear back from Bob Applegate today. He is fine for now. He had a simple tick bite, which lead to babesiosis, which can be fatal, and it really knocked him for a loop.  He spent a week in the hospital and has had a slow recovery. He is back now and working on a few orders, before he gets to mine. I told him that there was no rush, and that he should just work on getting better.

Hopefully he will except my invitation  to join the group.