KIM-1 and Apple 1

Hans Otten

Aug 12, 2022, 10:36:47 AM8/12/22
to KIM-1
20220812_125222.jpg

Jeff M. Nay

Aug 12, 2022, 11:01:03 AM8/12/22
to Hans Otten, KIM-1

Beautiful !!!

From: ki...@googlegroups.com [mailto:ki...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Hans Otten
Sent: Friday, August 12, 2022 10:37 AM
To: KIM-1
Subject: KIM-1 and Apple 1

20220812_125222.jpg

image001.jpg

Jeff M. Nay

Aug 12, 2022, 2:12:24 PM8/12/22
to Hans Otten, KIM-1

I am making progress with the Corsham 6530-002 replacement board. Although there is still some work left to do…

Looks like just the upper half of the seven segment displays is not working. When I type in an address 1111. I can see half of the 1’s going in.

Also looks like the is a problem with segment C on the lower right.

With just 6530-002 replaced

Piggy backing all memory

image001.jpg
image002.jpg
image003.jpg

Jeff M. Nay

Aug 13, 2022, 7:09:26 AM8/13/22
to h.o...@hansotten.com, KIM-1

I was looking at U17 myself, but when I looked at my parts bin, that was the one chip that I do not have… :o(

So, it looks like I will have to order a few, to have on hand. In the mean time I will just do some signal tracing.

This poor KIM-1 must have taken one heck of a shoot. I will probably end up testing U3 as well, while I wait.

If it is also bad, it will be impossible to get this KIM-1 fully functional, unless someone comes up with a better

Replacement for the 6530s or a replacement that can replace both of them at the same time.

I might try connecting TTY to see if I can run a mem test or do anything else for that matter.