Problem opening files in Analook

Erin Westerhuis

Apr 8, 2019, 9:32:32 PM4/8/19
to Australasian bat call group
Hi Everyone,

I've been using kaleidoscope for clustering zero crossing files, but it hasn't done a very good job of separating the bats with a Fc between 28- 33 khz (Ozimops petersi, Chalinolobus gouldii and Scotorepens balstoni for my study area).

So I want to filter these clusters of calls with more parameters in AnalookW, except for some reason it won't open any of my files!!

I've tried uninstalling and installing from Chris Corbens website numerous times, running the program from various locations..... pretty much everything I can think of. Usually when I reinstall Analook will work the first time I open it, then once I close it and try and reopen it stops working again. Also can't open analist files.

My computer is currently running windows 7. I can't use Insight as the files were recorded prior to the anabat express update to sign zc files .

Please help!

Rob Gration

Apr 9, 2019, 6:48:53 AM4/9/19
to kilo...@googlegroups.com
HI Erin, are the files from a song meter? If, so  I have had a similar problem when I use Kaleidoscope Pro to download my song meter files into nightly folders; then tried opening in AnalookW. They open no problems opening  in kaleidoscope and song scope.  I don't have an issue when I use the free version of kaleidoscope on my other computer. I have found though that I can only use Analook Ver 4.4a 17 September 2018 with my song meter files.

Did you save a copy of the raw files,if so, try getting access to the free version of kaleidoscope.

cheers
rob

Chris Corben

Apr 10, 2019, 1:56:20 PM4/10/19
to kilo...@googlegroups.com, Erin Westerhuis
Hi Erin

Can you please send me a couple of the files which don't open? Just attach them to an Email.

Cheers, Chris.

Chris Corben.

Erin Westerhuis

Apr 29, 2019, 8:39:18 PM4/29/19
to Australasian bat call group
Hi Rob, no they're from anabat express. I think I've worked out the issue enough to work around it at least. AnalookW was writing a default.cfg file every time I closed it. If I delete that file before I open AnalookW again I can open and view zc files. Still can't open anl files though or copy/ move files that pass a filter though.

Erin Westerhuis

Apr 29, 2019, 8:39:43 PM4/29/19
to Australasian bat call group
Hi Chris,