AML measures using Anabat

Heidi K

Dec 9, 2017, 4:52:55 AM12/9/17
to Australasian bat call group
Hi everyone, can anyone help me? When I run a scan on my bat calls (all bats scan to filter out noise) and select AML measures output file I dont get the results I expect. For example, for one file, lets say Chalinolobus Morio where the Fc is around 50khz, when I run the AML measures it will return weird results of an Fc at 3.78 (and other parameters)... The Fmax and Fmin appear to be the only things represented correctly?? It does give the correct parameters when I am visually looking at the bat call with the 'Measures' bar open on the right of the screen. Am I missing something?

Cheers Heidi

Chris Corben

Dec 9, 2017, 10:57:19 AM12/9/17
to kilo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Heidi

Fc is subject to some bizarre outputs in certain cases, but if this is happening a lot something else is likely going on. Could you please send me an example file? Also, make sure AnalookW is recent. You can get the latest at:

www.hoarybat.com/Beta

which is case sensitive.

Cheers, Chris.

On 12/9/2017 3:52 AM, Heidi K wrote:
Hi everyone, can anyone help me? When I run a scan on my bat calls (all bats scan to filter out noise) and select AML measures output file I dont get the results I expect. For example, for one file, lets say Chalinolobus Morio where the Fc is around 50khz, when I run the AML measures it will return weird results of an Fc at 3.78 (and other parameters)... The Fmax and Fmin appear to be the only things represented correctly?? It does give the correct parameters when I am visually looking at the bat call with the 'Measures' bar open on the right of the screen. Am I missing something?

Cheers Heidi

Chris Corben.

Heidi Kolkert

Dec 9, 2017, 6:12:01 PM12/9/17
to kilo...@googlegroups.com

Hi Chris, thanks a million for the reply. Ok so I am downloading the latest software version. Didn’t realise that I wasn’t using it! If I still can’t make sense of the AML measures I will send you some data and the scan I am using

Cheers Heidi

PhD Candidate

School of Environmental and Rural Science
Ecosystems Management

University of New England
Armidale NSW 2351 Australia

Phone  +61 2 6773 3690
Mobile  0418324136
Email
hkol...@myune.edu.au

Heidi Kolkert

Dec 9, 2017, 6:55:07 PM12/9/17
to kilo...@googlegroups.com

Hi Chris, thanks, I downloaded the new software and I am still getting the same results for AML measures. Here are two example ZC calls.

Cheers Heidi