Ghost Bat Call

Barry Shepherd

Mar 22, 2018, 1:06:46 AM3/22/18
to Australasian bat call group
Dear Group,
After many years in environmental management, this frustrated ecologist has returned to the field and am loving it.  I've obtained some calls from the Pilbara and thanks to all the good work on this forum have been able to identify several species.  However, other than the one or two examples of zc calls available in the available literature have little idea what ghost bat calls are like in full spectrum.  I've obtained social calls from the bats at Perth zoo but they could be confused with a lot of insect and other background noise.  They may also not need to echolocate since their enclosure isn't that large and don't actively hunt I suppose?

Can anyone direct me towards a good reference for ghost bat echolocations please?

Many thanks

Barry

Mob: 0411 487743

GregF

Mar 22, 2018, 6:16:19 AM3/22/18
to Australasian bat call group
Hi Barry

I have a bunch of FS echolocation calls recorded by one of my clients at a GB roost in the NT last year.  Will just check with them that it's OK to pass on to you (don't see why not).

Nicola Hanrahan would be another good source. Pretty sure you're on this forum aren't you Nicola?

Cheers
Greg Ford

Barry Shepherd

Mar 22, 2018, 6:21:47 PM3/22/18
to Australasian bat call group
Hi Greg,
That would be brilliant thanks very much.
Cheers
Barry