Help with flat 24kHz Fc in central west/western NSW

Heidi K

Nov 25, 2017, 10:35:26 PM11/25/17
to Australasian bat call group

Hi guys, can someone please help with this call.

Flatish 24kHz Fc. A bit low for MO4, in the right frequency for CHDW but no obvious call shape or alternation...maybe cruising? Possible MO Beccari/lum but out of range?

Location derelict and current mines near Nymagee NSW (south of Cobar)

Cheers Heidi
SM300285__1__20171103_205259_000.00#

Michael Pennay

Nov 25, 2017, 10:38:09 PM11/25/17
to kilo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Heidi Im on my phone so cant see the call,  but based on the freq and area ypu describe  have you considered Saccolaimus flaviventris?
Cheers Michael

Heidi Kolkert

Nov 26, 2017, 3:40:54 AM11/26/17
to kilo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Michael, Thanks for quick reply. I already have flavivetris calls which are all much lower. After I kept going through more calls today I found a few more that have the Classic CHDW flip flop and shape! I have loads of miniopterus schr calls too so there must be some cave like habitat nearby. Speaking of the miniopterus, I thought they would have moved to their maternity roosts by now???

Cheers Heidi
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Australasian bat call group" group.