KillBill in Cloud for Production - unsable in my setup

Marius U

May 30, 2024, 7:06:45 AMMay 30
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Hi,

I'm trying to understand what's the ideal production setup for KillBill. With my current tech stack, I don't feel confident to put this in production, and even after sinking multiple months in stabilization and implementing custom payment providers, I am unsure if I want to push ahead.

We have the following requirements:
- Must run on Azure
- Must use SSL to talk to DB (Postgre also running on Azure)
- Must use Python 3.9+ to work with our backend

So far, the last two I'm unable to get with native support from KillBill - which makes me wonder if I'm either doing something wrong, or the requirements just don't match what KillBill product is focused on right now.

Python 3 support seems to not be there, and that's particular strange because Python3 is mainline by now. Also, it's very unclear why SSL is not working. Multiple reports on this mailing list of the same problem - without a resolution. Are people really running production services in the cloud without SSL?

I would appreciate if anyone could share their tech stack for production.

Thanks,
Marius

karan bansal

Jun 3, 2024, 2:57:32 PMJun 3
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Hi Marius,

KB is compatible and runs without issues on a variety of stacks. There shouldn't be any issue with Azure deployment as well. Have you faced any issue with running it on Azure?

Regarding SSL, ideally most engines use SSL by default and this should run without issues. Could you please provide details like how did you test this and what error did you face.

Regards
Karan

Marius U

Jun 12, 2024, 3:10:11 PMJun 12
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Hi,

Thanks for your reply Karan.

Basically, neither Postgresql and MySQL work if I try connecting KAUI with SSL enabled. Can you share a configuration example that has been tried and working that points to MySQL or PostgreSQL that have SSL enabled?

Thanks!