Fix for issue 169 - items stuck in queue

S Ramakrishnan

Jun 20, 2024, 4:40:53 AMJun 20
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Hi -

I am. looking for the fix to

Which is the earliest and latest major/minor version that contains
this fix?

Thanks,

Rk

Reshma Bidikar

Jun 20, 2024, 9:46:12 AMJun 20
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Hello,

This fix has not yet been released (The last KB version was 0.24.10 which does not include the fix). We will hopefully include the fix in the next KB release.

Regards,
Reshma

S Ramakrishnan

Jun 22, 2024, 7:00:38 AMJun 22
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Thank you Reshma. Could I get a patch version, merely to test out if we are afflicted with the same problem?

Rk

S Ramakrishnan

Jun 22, 2024, 7:00:41 AMJun 22
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
I am willing to build this patch (even from source) to test out to see if this fixes our problem.
I have not built KB before and am concerned I am make a mistake.

Could you please provide a src or binary patch?

Regards,

Rk

Reshma Bidikar

Jun 24, 2024, 9:54:43 AMJun 24
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Hello,

I'll discuss internally and find out the best way to get the fix out for you to test. I'll get back to you.

Regards,
Reshma

Reshma Bidikar

Jun 24, 2024, 11:50:09 PMJun 24
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Hello,

You should be able to test the fix for #169 by building the latest killbill code from master and using the war file from the killbill/profiles/killbill/target path. Note that you would need to rename the war file to ROOT.war as explained in the docs. Could you please give it a try and let us know how it goes?

Regards,
Reshma

S Ramakrishnan

Jun 27, 2024, 9:19:17 PMJun 27
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Thank you, am building now. Please confirm the following:

1. I can build  killbill/profiles/killbill using the killbill dependencies off the maven repo? Or do I need to build the listed killbill dependencies from master?
2. To test issue 169, I assume that I just need KillBill alone with artifically injected entries in KB database in IN_PROCESSING state and that I do not need KAUI. Am I oversimplifying this?

Rk

Reshma Bidikar

Jun 28, 2024, 4:00:02 AMJun 28
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Hello,

For 1/ Not sure I follow your question, but this is what you need to do:

1. Clone the killbill master repo
2. Navigate to the killbill directory
3. Run mvn clean install -DskipTests - This will generate the war file in killbill/profiles/killbill/target directory.

For 2/ - Yes, that sounds right.  There were some test modifications as part of the fix for 169. See this commit.  Feel free to take a look at the tests to understand what's changed and how you can go about with the testing.

Regards,
Reshma

S Ramakrishnan

Jul 24, 2024, 8:35:53 AM (4 days ago) Jul 24
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Hello...

I would like to build my custom docker image for KB with the warfile I have built above. I could not find the dockerfile
in KB Git repo. Could you please point me to it?

Rk

S Ramakrishnan

Jul 25, 2024, 8:38:52 AM (3 days ago) Jul 25
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
My apologies - my question was not clear.

What I am trying to accomplish: to start KillBill, KAUI and MariaDB as a cohesive unit so
I could test the basic function (in particular, I want to check if the issue https://github.com/killbill/killbill-commons/issues/169
is fixed.

With docker desktop, I assume I would use docker compose as described in https://docs.killbill.io/latest/getting_started
Could you please confirm?

Rk

karan bansal

Jul 25, 2024, 12:59:17 PM (3 days ago) Jul 25
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Hi RK,

Yes that is correct. The template present at https://docs.killbill.io/latest/getting_started#_docker_installation can be used to start all the images.

Regards