How is the bill generated when using the in arrear model?

Zhang Sier

Jun 22, 2022, 3:39:47 AM6/22/22
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
I want to use in arrear mode when renting VMs. The paid portion includes compute resources, which are a fixed cost, and bandwidth traffic, which is a pay-per-volume resource.
Suppose a customer rents a VM on July 1.
1. when is his invoice generated?
2. does he pay for "usage+compute resources" on August 1? Or does he pay for compute resources on July 1 and pay for this month's traffic usage + next month's compute resources on August 1?

stephane brossier

Jun 22, 2022, 4:21:50 PM6/22/22
to Zhang Sier, Kill Bill users mailing-list
On Wed, Jun 22, 2022 at 12:39 AM Zhang Sier <si...@o2.lol> wrote:
I want to use in arrear mode when renting VMs. The paid portion includes compute resources, which are a fixed cost, and bandwidth traffic, which is a pay-per-volume resource.
Suppose a customer rents a VM on July 1.
1. when is his invoice generated?

It is your choice, depending on alignment rules you provide.

2. does he pay for "usage+compute resources" on August 1? Or does he pay for compute resources on July 1 and pay for this month's traffic usage + next month's compute resources on August 1?

It is also your choice, depending on how you configure the plans in your catalog, each Plan can define an in-arrear or in-advance billing model.

Zhang Sier

Jun 23, 2022, 2:22:07 AM6/23/22
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Thank you for your reply.

I have another question, I read the documentation that multiple invoices cannot be paid at once, but every time I change the subscription plan a new invoice is generated immediately. so does that mean I have to pay twice when I change the plan?

karan bansal

Jun 29, 2022, 1:21:18 PM6/29/22
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Hi,