Cancel Subscription

Jayson Osuna

Nov 12, 2021, 2:55:50 AM11/12/21
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Hello,

I'm taking a look at the Cancel Subscription API and have read this part:
    • If entitlementPolicy has been defined, the requestedDate is ignored, and we either default to the catalog defined billingPolicy for this Plan, or use the one provided in this API.
    • If not, the requestedDate is used to compute the entitlement cancelation date, and the null value means change should be immediate. The billing date will then be computed the following way:
      • If billingPolicy has been specified, it is used to compute the billing cancelation date
      • If billingPolicy has not been specified, we either use the requestedDate when useRequestedDateForBilling is true or default to the catalog defined billingPolicy for this Plan
How is the Billing Policy defined in the catalog?
Is it defined under <rules> like this:
        <cancelPolicy>
            <cancelPolicyCase>
                <policy>IMMEDIATE</policy>
            </cancelPolicyCase>
        </cancelPolicy>
How about the entitlementPolicy? Does it differ with the billingPolicy?

Thanks.

Reshma Bidikar

Nov 12, 2021, 7:03:39 AM11/12/21
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Hello,

Yes, the Billing Policy is defined via the cancelPolicy tag. You can read more about this in the Catalog Examples document. The entitlement policy specifies what happens to the underlying service. Its possible values are IMMEDIATE, END_OF_TERM, and specify whether the user will lose access to the service immediately or retain access to the service until the end of the term.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Reshma

Jayson Osuna

Nov 23, 2021, 1:17:47 AM11/23/21
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Can we specify the entitlement policy in the catalog? As I'm only seeing billing policy in the catalog samples.

Thanks.

Reshma Bidikar

Nov 23, 2021, 8:58:41 AM11/23/21
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Hello,

No, the entitlement policy is not specified in the catalog. It can be specified via an API call

Regards,
Reshma

Shaun Forgie

Nov 23, 2021, 4:39:24 PM11/23/21
to Reshma Bidikar, Kill Bill users mailing-list
Hi Reshma,

Would you consider an enhancement proposal, written by us, related to consolidating all billing policies into a separately managed billing-policy.xml file similar in nature to the existing catalog.xml and overdue.xml files? This would extract existing billing policy configuration out of the catalog.xml file while also incorporating the entitlement policies.

Rgs
Shaun

Shaun Forgie [Principal] - Method Maker Ltd
57a McIntyre Rd, Manukau 2022, Auckland, New Zealand
Mobile +64 21 666 910

Reshma Bidikar

Nov 24, 2021, 3:32:52 AM11/24/21
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Hi Shaun,

Thanks for writing in, I will put this before the team for consideration.

Regards,
Reshma

Shaun Forgie

Jan 17, 2022, 2:27:13 PM1/17/22
to Reshma Bidikar, Kill Bill users mailing-list
HI Reshma,

Has any discussion occurred on the topic of a separate billing-policy.xml file? It may also be relevant around the way entitlement policies are handled currently.

Rgs
Shaun

Reshma Bidikar

Jan 19, 2022, 1:00:19 AM1/19/22
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Hi Shaun,

This is not under consideration at the moment but we will keep you posted on this thread if there is any change.

Regards,
Reshma