deletion of blockingstates?

daniel.n...@gmail.com

Jul 6, 2022, 4:57:03 AM7/6/22
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Is it possible to delete a blocking state?

I have added a blocking state on a subscription that blocks billing 1/7 and then another that reinstates billing 1/8.
I then try to cancel the subscription 15/7.
When i try to run a invoice run or a dryrun killbill throws an exception.

If i delete the blocking state in the database it works again.
As far as i can see its not possible to the delete a blocking state via the API.

The use case i'm going for is as follows.
When migrating existing users from our current billingsystem to killbill i am using blockingstates to make sure they dont get double billed.
But a customer can wish to cancel their subscription before getting the first invoice for the subscription in killbill.

I could also set the cancel date to the same date as the second blocking state.
But then the service would still be entitled until the date unless i put in another blockingstate for the entitlement.

Thanks
/Daniel

karan bansal

Jul 7, 2022, 8:36:19 AM7/7/22
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Hi Daniel,

Thanks for writing in!

I am checking about more details with the Dev team about this. In the meantime, could you please refer to the related documentation here

I will update you as soon as I have further information.

Regards
Karan

Mary McCauley-Stiff

Jul 7, 2022, 12:00:35 PM7/7/22