Query about catalog update and plan expiry verification

Amritha Devi

May 16, 2024, 9:51:13 AMMay 16
to Kill Bill users mailing-list

Hi team,

I'm reaching out regarding two issues I'm encountering with Kill Bill:

1. Invalid Catalog Upload Error (Tenant 1):

I'm receiving an "Invalid catalog for tenant: 1" error when attempting to upload a customized XML catalog through both Kaui and the API. There are no validation errors detected using the validation tool. Is there any kind of configuration is needed for this ?

For your reference, I've attached:

The customized XML catalogs
The error logs
2. Subscription Expiry Check:

When reviewing subscription details, some subscriptions with an expired period still show an "active" state. I'd like to understand how to accurately verify subscription expiry and how Kill Bill prevents users from accessing expired services.

Any insights or suggestions you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

With Regards,
Amritha

indivusage.xml
inst.xml
logfile16052024.txt

karan bansal

May 16, 2024, 2:24:27 PMMay 16
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Hi Amritha,

The catalog is indeed valid, uploaded fine for me. Please check the attached image. Are you trying to upload it for a new tenant OR a tenant with existing catalog? If yes, then please make sure the catalog name matches OR try to delete the earlier catalog and then upload this one.

The other issue that you mentioned is possibly related to this bug https://github.com/killbill/killbill/issues/1930. Though what we have seen is that only the status of the subscription is not updated in the UI, but the in DB it is fine, so if you try to cancel it again then you will see the correct message.

Regards
Karan
Capture.PNG

karan bansal

May 19, 2024, 12:46:02 PMMay 19
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Hi Amritha,

Just wanted to update here that we have released a new version of Kaui 3.0.9 that should provide you with more relevant error details.

Regards
Karan