Upgrade/Downgrade Catalog setup

Jayson Osuna

Jul 14, 2021, 3:57:59 AM7/14/21
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Hello,

How can we setup our catalog to handle the scenario that whenever an upgrade or downgrade happens in any phase types, it will force the plan to enter FIXEDTERM phase type? Is this currently being supported?

This is our use case.
The customer upgraded to a more comprehensive product(S2) during EVERGREEN phase type. So we want the customer to be in the FIXEDTERM of S2 product.
Use case Upgrade.png
Thank you.

Pierre-Alexandre Meyer

Jul 14, 2021, 8:52:54 AM7/14/21
to Jayson Osuna, Kill Bill users mailing-list
Hello,

You could maybe achieve this by specifying a CHANGE_OF_PLAN alignment rule in the catalog and by specifying the target phase type of the new plan when issuing the change plan request.

These integration tests (in Ruby, but it's the same in other languages) do something along these lines: https://github.com/killbill/killbill-integration-tests/blob/master/killbill-integration-tests/core/test_entitlement_change_skip_phase.rb

Hope this helps,

Pierre

Jayson Osuna

Jul 14, 2021, 8:41:26 PM7/14/21
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Hi Pierre,

Do we have sample catalog that does this or if you could provide one? That would be great.

Thank you.

Pierre-Alexandre Meyer

Jul 15, 2021, 3:54:01 AM7/15/21
to Jayson Osuna, Kill Bill users mailing-list