Generating invoices in the past

daniel.n...@gmail.com

Jun 16, 2022, 12:07:44 PM6/16/22
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
While testing killbill we would like to be to create a subscription that starts in the past and then generate multiple invoices in the past.

I can create subscriptions with a startdate in the past but killbill always wants to generate the invoice no earlier then the current date.
Of course this makes sense in production but is it not possible to generate invoices in the past even when testing?

I have tried used the admin/clock to change the date to 1/2/2022
I then create a an account. This seems to reset the admin/clock back to the current date.

Am i using the clock wrong?

Thanks
/Daniel

daniel.n...@gmail.com

Jun 16, 2022, 5:17:02 PM6/16/22
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
It seems to work when i only run one instance of killbill instead the 3 i had running.

Thanks.

Pierre-Alexandre Meyer

Jun 17, 2022, 1:58:28 AM6/17/22
to daniel.n...@gmail.com, Kill Bill users mailing-list
Hello,

The clock is single node only today.

There is a distributed implementation, but it requires Redis and is still very much experimental (https://github.com/killbill/killbill-commons/pull/56). For now, I recommend using a single node when changing the clock.

Hope this helps,

Pierre

daniel.n...@gmail.com

Jun 17, 2022, 9:18:12 AM6/17/22