Plugin email-notification on AWS installation

Andrew D

Dec 10, 2021, 11:54:52 AM12/10/21
to killbill...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

I have installed the email-notifications plugin, but I'm stuck at the DB config stage, adding the additional tables.
https://docs.killbill.io/latest/email-notification-plugin.html#_database_configuration

I'm running on AWS EC2 from the marketplace, so I have no idea of MySQL user/password. I don't remember seeing it as something to take note of.

Could anyone direct me on how to run the DDL please?

Many Thanks,
Andy

James Mooney

Dec 12, 2021, 8:02:11 AM12/12/21
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Andrew,

Hi. If you are running the Single-Tier option on AWS, you can use ssh to login to your instance, then type

mysql -u root -proot

to open mysql. The username and password are both "root". This is not insecure because the database is not externally accessible. I hope this helps.

BTW this is documented at the very end of the Single-Tier document. So it is a bit hard to find.

Jim Mooney

Andrew D

Dec 13, 2021, 11:28:13 AM12/13/21
to Kill Bill users mailing-list