how to create a tariff plan containing free volumes of different services, each per different period?

Юрий Зибрин

Aug 17, 2021, 7:57:42 AM8/17/21
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Hi!

we need to create a tariff plan containing free volumes of different services, each per different period, with monthly payment

What is the proper way to solve this task?
Should we use "usage" tag with a zero price tier?
How do we combine services free per different periods into one tariff, billing monthly?

Example
payment: 10$ / month
free 30 min /day
free 10 GB/month

Thanx, Yury Zibrin

stephane brossier

Aug 17, 2021, 6:29:53 PM8/17/21
to Юрий Зибрин, Kill Bill users mailing-list

Example
payment: 10$ / month
free 30 min /day
free 10 GB/month

You would need a Plan with a Recurring section (10$ / month) and additional Usage sections for the min and GB units. In order to have some free  min/GB, you would define a first tier whose price is $0.

Юрий Зибрин

Aug 18, 2021, 6:48:24 AM8/18/21
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Thanx!

But how do we combine different services into one subscription? Is it possible?

среда, 18 августа 2021 г. в 01:29:53 UTC+3, step...@kill-bill.org:

stephane brossier

Aug 18, 2021, 7:01:54 PM8/18/21
to Юрий Зибрин, Kill Bill users mailing-list
It is possible. Here for instance is an example of a catalog we use in our tests that allow  to bill a given subscription for both Recurring and Usage

Юрий Зибрин

Aug 19, 2021, 6:10:15 AM8/19/21
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Thanx!
But i still have problems with this solution
I need to combine different free periods for different services
For example
free 30 min /day
free 10 GB/month

IF i create several  xml blocks  with different billing period  (<billingPeriod>MONTHLY</billingPeriod>  AND <billingPeriod>DAILY</billingPeriod>) i do not see what i expect after creating invoice
1 The invoice considers only the last day of usage for service with daily billingPeriod
2 The invoice shows different periods for usages and for recurring

Снимок экрана 2021-08-19 в 11.20.18.png

среда, 18 августа 2021 г. в 13:48:24 UTC+3, Юрий Зибрин:
Cloud.xml

stephane brossier

Aug 20, 2021, 7:33:44 PM8/20/21
to Юрий Зибрин, Kill Bill users mailing-list
Each Recurring and Usage section has its own billing period, so it should work as expected, but we have never tested that specific use case. Feel free to file a GH Issue with as much details as possible, incl. a working sample catalog we can use and a detailed scenario (step by step).

Юрий Зибрин

Sep 9, 2021, 8:46:55 AM9/9/21
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Thanx for your advice
I have created issue https://github.com/killbill/killbill/issues/1487 but it was closed with comment "Please reach out to the mailing-list instead. See our communication guidelines (make sure to provide a KPM diagnostic output)."
What should i do now ?

Yury

суббота, 21 августа 2021 г. в 02:33:44 UTC+3, step...@kill-bill.org:

Shaun Forgie

Sep 9, 2021, 7:36:53 PM9/9/21
to Юрий Зибрин, Kill Bill users mailing-list
Hi Yury,

It may help to think about what invoices contain....invoice items...or things that are not free and need to be paid for. Your example seems to be wanting to include items that are not charged for.

In order to show the free items that are included as part of the plan on the invoice you have a couple of options:
1. create a new invoice template that contains the free items related to the plan on the invoice template somewhere
2. include the free items as part of the plan description so that they are mentioned on the invoice in the invoice item detail

 Hope that makes sense

Rgs
Shaun

Shaun Forgie [Principal] - Method Maker Ltd
57a McIntyre Rd, Manukau 2022, Auckland, New Zealand
Mobile +64 21 666 910