Adding phases to existing plans

Gerard Corrigan

Jun 27, 2022, 2:36:07 PM6/27/22
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
We are new to KillBill and are in a testing phase. Today we ran into an issue when trying to upload new catalog version via KAUI where it failed with this error message - " Error while communicating with the Kill Bill server: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Failed to de-serialize catalog for tenantRecordId='1'" even though the new catalog was passing validation.

After a lot of searching we eventually figured out that the issue was due to the fact that we added trail phases to plans that had been created in the previous catalog version.

When we removed all of these trail phases the new catalog worked. We then tried adding a trail phase to one of the plans again but got the same error.

I see from this message - https://groups.google.com/g/killbilling-users/c/bwZdH1Z5X8s/m/oIKcSiNZAgAJ from a few years ago that it should be possible to change the phases of existing plans but it is clear from the answer if this is definitely possible or if it has been tested.

Is there any more clarity on this? I'd like to know for definite if this is possible going forward.

It also seems that the error message is not accurate. It indicates a parsing error whereas the actual error seems to be related some rules around changing an existing plan?

Reshma Bidikar

Jun 29, 2022, 2:54:48 AM6/29/22
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Hello Gerard,

I have verified that it is indeed not possible to add a new phase to an existing plan in a newer version of a catalog. Thanks for bringing this to our notice. I have filed this issue to track it.

Regards,
Reshma

Gerard Corrigan

Jun 29, 2022, 4:07:58 AM6/29/22