Subscription Cancellation policies

Junaid Soomro

Aug 30, 2021, 4:20:01 AMAug 30
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Hello All,
I was trying to wrap my head around the documentation regarding cancellation of a subscription and i am failing at it miserably.

 What i want to achieve is,

I created a subscription of recurring price and after few days i cancelled it.
Now what i want is that when the subscription cancels It should just stop the billing of that product and DO NOT generate an invoice because it usually generates and INVOICE with prorated credit. I want the invoice to be generated on Account level BCD and yes with prorated credit. Not on the same day when i cancel the subscription.

Is there a way to achieve what i have asked?

Thank you.

stephane brossier

Aug 30, 2021, 4:06:25 PMAug 30
to Junaid Soomro, Kill Bill users mailing-list
What you observed is the default Kill Bill behavior upon immediate cancelation. If you want to delay the invoicing, you have a few strategies:
  • Use AUTO_INVOICING_OFF tag and manually trigger the invoice at the specified dates, OR
  • Use AUTO_INVOICING_DRAFT + AUTO_INVOICING_REUSE_DRAFT to reuse a given invoice and manually commit it (not a very well documented feature)
  • Write an invoice plugin to reschedule the invoicing based on needs (best option, but requires more work)

Junaid Soomro

Aug 31, 2021, 2:08:03 AMAug 31
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Thank you stephane that helps.