Kill Bill Installation Question

Jonathan Henry

Jul 14, 2021, 9:15:14 PM7/14/21
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
What would be the recommended approach to installing Kill Bill' Centralized or Regionalized in an in house AWS instance?

Also, does Kill Bill work with AWS Edge?

Thanks for the help

Pierre-Alexandre Meyer

Jul 15, 2021, 3:57:50 AM7/15/21
to Jonathan Henry, Kill Bill users mailing-list
Hi Jonathan,

The recommended way to run Kill BIll on AWS is to use our pre-built AMIs:

Regarding AWS Edge, what are you looking for specifically?

Pierre

Jonathan Henry

Jul 15, 2021, 6:02:52 PM7/15/21
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
I appreciate the quick responses. I have a few follow up questions about the AMI.

How does the AMI work if we need to deploy in our AWS instance?
Do we need to purchase the AMI from Amazon market place?
Is AMI hosted in the Kill Bill AWS?

Thank you

stephane brossier

Jul 15, 2021, 11:28:56 PM7/15/21
On Thu, Jul 15, 2021 at 3:02 PM Jonathan Henry <jonatha...@outlook.com> wrote:
I appreciate the quick responses. I have a few follow up questions about the AMI.

How does the AMI work if we need to deploy in our AWS instance?

Depending on the installation method, you can just launch your instances by just specifying the Kill Bill AMI -- other methods such as CloudFormation will automatically create the whole stack for you. So you have the choice to opt for more or less control. Documentation can be found here.

Do we need to purchase the AMI from Amazon market place?

The AMI is indeed available from Amazon marketplace, CloudFormation or Single AMI

Is AMI hosted in the Kill Bill AWS?

I am not sure I understand the question, but I think my previous answer should cover this -- if not please provide more details.

Stéphane

Thank you

On Thu, Jul 15, 2021 at 2:15 AM Jonathan Henry <jonatha...@outlook.com> wrote:
What would be the recommended approach to installing Kill Bill' Centralized or Regionalized in an in house AWS instance?

Also, does Kill Bill work with AWS Edge?

Thanks for the help

Pierre

Jonathan Henry

Jul 16, 2021, 3:54:43 PM7/16/21
to Kill Bill users mailing-list

I appreciate the responses.

We are trying to set up a global Kill Bill instance shared by EMEA, NAM, and APAC; cached by AWS edge. To improve latency we are trying to put edge in front of Kill Bill. Is this approach a feasible solution?

Thank you

stephane brossier

Jul 16, 2021, 4:15:46 PM7/16/21
to Jonathan Henry, Kill Bill users mailing-list
In all honesty, we have never tried to use AWS edge to provide a single Kill Bill deployment across regions. I don't know if other folks on this mailing have tried it, but I am certainly interested in how this goes... please keep us in the loop!