Is it viable to have one catalog per client?

Raul Delary

Mar 17, 2023, 7:54:49 AM3/17/23
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Hello, hope you all are doing well!

I'm start studying about KillBill to make a PoC and have a question about if is it possible to have one catalog per client and if it's ok to work in this way in KillBill.

In my case, we have different contracts with different customers and the price of my subscriptions may vary in theses contracts as also the form we charge each customer for the subscription fee.

It would be nice to hear from you if you have ever seen KillBill working like this and if it's viable to do so.

I'm starting reading the documentation and already read a lot about the catalog, but didn't read something like my case.

Thanks for your help!
Opinions and advices are welcome!

stephane brossier

Mar 17, 2023, 7:07:14 PM3/17/23
to Raul Delary, Kill Bill users mailing-list
If you use our default XML-based catalog, you cannot achieve this goal.

However, we also support a way for you to write your own catalog through our catalog plugin API. Using this option, you can customize per-account catalogs.

Stéphane

sh...@methodmaker.co.nz

Mar 18, 2023, 12:02:30 AM3/18/23
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Hi Raul,

Are you aware that you can over ride the catalog price on a subscription basis?

We use this to define standard products and services in accordance with retail | wholesale price lists but then change the price for each customer subscription created.

Rgs
Shaun

Raul Delary

Mar 23, 2023, 5:37:54 PM3/23/23
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Hi Shuan and Stéphane,

Thanks for your answer and for the suggestions.

I'm now designing the catalog with our products to be in accordance with my use case and maybe i can have more experience with Kill BIll in the next weeks, so i can take some decision.
I was already thinking about developing my own catalog using the Catalog Plugin API, but this could take some time and I was wondering if maybe Kill Bill could have this feature out of the box.

Again, i appreciate so much your help and your time for answering me. Thanks!

Best Regards, Raul

karan bansal

Mar 24, 2023, 11:32:57 AM3/24/23
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Hi Raul,

Basically killbill is designed such that core is able to handle the majority use cases and then any out of the box use case needs  to be implemented through the plugin way.

Please feel free to let us know  in case of any follow up questions :)

Regards
Karan