Notification Queue Size Metric

Ryan Kerr

May 28, 2024, 5:32:34 PMMay 28
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Hi y'all,

I noticed in the KillBill documentation that there is a reference to a metric for pending notifications: `org.killbill.notificationq.NotificationQueueDispatcher.pending-notifications`. When I query the `/metrics` endpoint (reference) I don't see that metric emitted, and when I search the KillBill codebase (search) I don't see reference to that metric anywhere other than the docs.

My questions:
1. Is this metric still supported and/or emitted by KillBill?
2. If not, is there another way to query the number of pending notifications in the notification queue? Are there other metrics emitted by `/metrics` that encapsulate this metric?

Thanks for the help,
Ryan

karan bansal

Jun 2, 2024, 12:28:00 PMJun 2
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Hi Ryan,

Yes that is correct. That metric has been removed. All the metrics currently can be found under /1.0/metrics. By pending notifications, you mean the ones that are yet to be processed?

Regards
Karan

Ryan Kerr

Jun 4, 2024, 9:24:23 AMJun 4
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Thanks Karan. And yes, I am interested in knowing the number of notifications that are yet to be processed.

Ryan

karan bansal

Jun 5, 2024, 2:00:52 PMJun 5
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Hi Ryan,

You can query the same from notifications table for the ones with processing_state available and  effective_date in future. We do have a public repo here, could you please check this if it helpful for you to add the metric that you are looking for.

Regards
Karan