Invalid Content-Encoding header for plugin endpoints

Kamil Walkowiak

May 9, 2024, 8:59:46 AMMay 9
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Hello,

I have find out that around Killbill version 0.24.5, there was introduced a change that some additional headers will be added to the plugin endpoints (when not set by the plugin endpoint), see: https://github.com/killbill/killbill/pull/1902

This change introduced an issue when each plugin endpoint is returning Content-Encoding: UTF-8 header (no matter what Accept-Encoding header says). This value is an invalid content encoding type as it's a charset (properly set in the Content-Type header), not an encoding type.

The issue is causing some of the HTTP request adapters to raise an exception because of an invalid HTTP response headers.

I'm suspecting this line is responsible for the described behavior

Could you please take care of this issue and fix it so that no Content-Encoding is set on the plugin endpoints by default?

Regards,
Kamil Walkowiak

Jimmy Merari

Jun 24, 2024, 12:14:21 PMJun 24
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Hello,
I confirm that I also encounter the same problem.
I implement notification webhook using plugin servlet. My webhook response is marked as failure by the payment gateway.
For the mean time I can just comment out those lines that put Content-Encoding: UTF-8 into the header.
Not sure whether that is the correct way. I'm just in my second month into Killbill plugin development.

Regards,
Jimmy