Error while creating plan: Invalid catalog for tenant

Michael John Paje

May 28, 2024, 2:43:43 AMMay 28
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
I need help cause I've been experiencing "Error while creating plan: Invalid catalog for tenant" error when creating plan, it is not consistent cause sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Also when it does not work it will continue to not work. I don't know the cause because the error is very vague.

karan bansal

May 28, 2024, 2:48:35 PMMay 28
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Hi Michael,

So the same catalog gives error intermittently? Could you please share the catalog xml file here.

Also, could you please try with latest version of Kaui, we have added more detailed error logging in there. We also have a catalog validation tool at https://cloud.killbill.io as well as this endpoint can prove helpful in pointing out the error.

Regards
Karan

Michael John Paje

May 31, 2024, 8:54:45 AMMay 31
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Hello karan,

Yes it is intermittently. I only experience it when I am creating a new plan and not when uploading an XML file.

Attached is the catalog that we use.

Regards,
Michael

catalog.xml

karan bansal

May 31, 2024, 12:54:45 PMMay 31
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Hi Michael,

I have tried uploading this catalog multiple times over and seems to work fine every time. Also validated it using the catalog validation tool at https://cloud.killbill.io and it comes back as valid.

Did you notice any error in Kill Bill logs for the time when the catalog returned as invalid?

Regards
Karan

Michael John Paje

Jun 4, 2024, 9:24:14 AMJun 4
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Hello Karan,

Yeah I haven't experienced it having error when uploading it as an XML. I only experience it when creating a simple plan on Catalog Configuration. It just returns the Invalid Catalog Error.

Regards,
Michael

karan bansal

Jun 5, 2024, 1:36:40 PMJun 5
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Hi Michael,

Could you share the details that you are adding while creating the new plan. Are you noticing any error in the logfiles? I did try to add a new plan and it did seem to work ok.

Capture.PNG

Regards
Karan