Refund page amount field doest not allows diffrent decimal values

Gaurav Equinix

May 23, 2024, 4:03:21 AMMay 23
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Hi Team,
When making refund via Process Refund form the amount field does not allow decimal value other than the full refund decimal value.

for eg if paid amount is $100.25 and if a user wants to refund an amount like $99.34 or $76.23 it show validation error as we can see below.

Screenshot 2024-05-23 at 1.28.11 PM.png

I think the cause of this validation is that the "step" is missing from the input type="number". We should consider adding "step" to allow any decimal value as part of refund.
Screenshot 2024-05-23 at 1.26.38 PM.png

Gaurav Equinix

May 23, 2024, 7:27:34 AMMay 23
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Is this limitation, which allows only the same decimal amount as the paid amount during the refund, intentional?

karan bansal

May 26, 2024, 9:44:01 AMMay 26
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Hi Gaurav,

Looks like the restriction is present only in the UI, I am able to process a refund of 24.40 against a payment of 24.95 using the API , whereas the UI suggests to use 23.95 or 24.95 instead. Let me discuss this internally and get back with more details.

Regards
Karan

Gaurav Equinix

Jun 3, 2024, 1:01:07 AMJun 3