Re: [Kill Bill users] Re: Fixed term invoices keep generating on BCD

stephane brossier

Jul 9, 2021, 7:09:47 PM7/9/21
to Junaid Soomro, Kill Bill users mailing-list
Cannot you just specify one EVERGREEN phase with the fixed price in it -- why do you need the 1 DAY FIXEDTERM with only a fixed price ?

On Fri, Jul 9, 2021 at 4:08 AM Junaid Soomro <js.d...@gmail.com> wrote:
In short i do not want the fixedterm invoice generated again on my BCD when it has already been generated once.

On Friday, 9 July 2021 at 16:05:54 UTC+5 Junaid Soomro wrote:
Hello Stephane, I hope you are doing well. Your product inspires me; fully! Great work has been done. I am writing this to ask you that there is this problem that i am facing with a certain plan in a catalog. The XML is as follows.

-------------------XML---------------------------
<plan name="JIYDCIQM">
<product>ECS-1vCPU-4GB-Linux-1Yr-PartUpFront</product>
<recurringBillingMode>IN_ARREAR</recurringBillingMode>
<initialPhases>
<phase type="FIXEDTERM">
<duration>
<unit>DAYS</unit>
<number>1</number>
</duration>
<fixed>
<fixedPrice>
<price>
<currency>SAR</currency>
<value>576.978</value>
</price>
</fixedPrice>
</fixed>
</phase>
</initialPhases>
<finalPhase type="EVERGREEN">
<duration>
<unit>UNLIMITED</unit>
<number>-1</number>
</duration>
<recurring>
<billingPeriod>MONTHLY</billingPeriod>
<recurringPrice>
<price>
<currency>SAR</currency>
<value>48.0815</value>
</price>
</recurringPrice>
</recurring>
</finalPhase>
<plansAllowedInBundle>-1</plansAllowedInBundle>
</plan>

Here the problem is;

The first generated invoice on the day of subscription is of fixed price(576) which is fine but then on my BCD which is 31 of each month. The same fixed price invoice gets generated again with the recurring price(48). Which makes it 576 + 42 = 618. So the total of that month becomes 576 + 618 = 1194 something. Where as the concept of one time fixed price does not follow.

Is there any workaround of one time fixed price for first month and then recurring price follows for the upcoming months.

I will be obliged if you could help me out here. Thank you.