Killbill - effectiveDateForExistingSubscriptions charge fixed amount

kan nan

Sep 8, 2021, 1:44:26 AM9/8/21
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
@Killbill team

  I have facing following issue when using effectiveDateForExistingSubscriptions  field to update recurring price amount for existing plan
 Case :
  • we have catalog(C1) it has plan(p1)---> with Monthly recurring amount 50$ and fixed amount as 30$
  • plan(p1) subscribed by account(a1)  create subscription (s1)
  • after 2 month we update plan(p1) -> recurring amount as 100$ , we want price change should be updated to existing subscription for the we are posting a catalog(c2) with updated price amount for plan(p1) along with  ffectiveDateForExistingSubscriptions field
  • price change take effect on subscription(s1) but they are charging updated recurring amount as expected but it also charge fixed amount again  is it correct behavior

please guide us if we did anything wrong

stephane brossier

Sep 8, 2021, 3:04:56 PM9/8/21
to kan nan, Kill Bill users mailing-list
Your scenario is too abstract for us to provide a good answer -- it really depends on what you have in your catalog versions, when you uploaded them, and what is the value of effectiveDateForExistingSubscriptions. Could you create an Account/tenant on https://cloud.killbill.io/ and point us to the scenario where we can access the data - along with some explanations on what exactly you expect to see based on the dates you used?