Kil Bill docker image - ARM architecture support

Piotr Szewczyk

Jun 8, 2022, 9:35:15 AM6/8/22
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Hey folks!

I would like to ask you about Kill Bill docker image ARM support. I'm pretty sure that couple of you guys are using Kill Bill for local development - using it directly on new Macs with ARM architecture.

Did you guys create your own custom image for this purpose or maybe there is some other way to run Kill Bill docker image locally with quite nice performance?

Kindly regards,
Piotr Szewczyk

karan bansal

Jun 8, 2022, 2:19:38 PM6/8/22
to Kill Bill users mailing-list

Hi Piotr,

Thanks for writing in!

I have used the one with Windows and it worked well. Let me check more details about the image availability for Mac ARM and update you.

Regards
Karan

karan bansal

Jun 9, 2022, 1:12:08 PM6/9/22
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Hi Piotr,

Could you please confirm if you are facing any issue in using docker with ARM OR is this related to optimizing performace.

Regards
Karan

Piotr Szewczyk

Jun 10, 2022, 2:17:47 AM6/10/22
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Hi Karan,

thank you for your response!
I can confirm that Kill Bill docker image performance is terrible on ARM architecture. On Linux/Windows image is working fluently with medium/low level of assigned resources (RAM/CPU).

Regards,
Piotr

karan bansal

Jun 21, 2022, 10:58:31 AM6/21/22
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Hi Piotr,

We have pushed new multi-arch images. Could you try with killbill/killbill:0.22.29-6434585 and killbill/kaui:2.0.11-6434585  if the performance is better than what you were facing earlier.

Regards
Karan