dependency migration: embedded-redis

Martin

Mar 20, 2023, 11:53:09 AM3/20/23
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Hi,
I saw in the Kill Bill source code that the dependency it.ozimov:embedded-redis is used in several places. This project is not maintained anymore. But there are several forks available, so I'd like to suggest migrating to one of those forks. Please see codemonstur/embedded-redis, ponfee/embedded-redis, simbahebinbo/embedded-redis and signalapp/embedded-redis.

Pierre-Alexandre Meyer

Mar 20, 2023, 12:53:37 PM3/20/23
to Martin, Kill Bill users mailing-list
Thanks Martin, I've created https://github.com/killbill/killbill-oss-parent/issues/710 for tracking.

Out of curiosity, is it actively causing any issue in your setup?

On Mon, Mar 20, 2023 at 3:53 PM Martin <martin....@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,
I saw in the Kill Bill source code that the dependency it.ozimov:embedded-redis is used in several places. This project is not maintained anymore. But there are several forks available, so I'd like to suggest migrating to one of those forks. Please see codemonstur/embedded-redis, ponfee/embedded-redis, simbahebinbo/embedded-redis and signalapp/embedded-redis.

Pierre

Martin

Mar 20, 2023, 1:15:45 PM3/20/23
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
No, because I don't use Kill Bill. :)
I have used it.ozimov:embedded-redis in my own project for quite a while and only recently learned that I should probably switch to one of the forks. And now I wanted to let you know as well, because mvnrepository.com lists your project as one of the main users of it.ozimov:embedded-redis.

Pierre-Alexandre Meyer

Mar 20, 2023, 1:17:02 PM3/20/23
to Martin, Kill Bill users mailing-list
Got it - thanks for the heads up!