Killbill analytics error

Nour El-din Mansour

May 19, 2022, 9:56:08 PM5/19/22
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Hello there,

I installed killbill and it's working fine , but i have a problem with the reports(analytics plugin).

I installed it and tried to import the default reports found here:

- But whenever i click on any report to view it i get :
SyntaxError: Unexpected token < in JSON at position 0

- And when i click on "Download Raw Data" I get this error:

Error while communicating with the Kill Bill server: Error 500: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unsupported DB engine: GENERIC

Anyone knows what's this about ?

Reshma Bidikar

May 20, 2022, 1:55:32 AM5/20/22
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Hello,

This error mostly occurs when the underlying table/view used by the report is incorrect and missing some database columns. Could you let us know which default report is causing the issue so we can check at our end?

Secondly, could you confirm your Kill Bill version and the database with which you have configured Kill Bill?

Regards,
Reshma

Nour El-din Mansour

May 23, 2022, 8:47:57 AM5/23/22
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Hello there,

Sorry for the late reply, the messages came up in the spam for some reason.
The versions for the KillBill are :

killbill/killbill:0.22.29

killbill/mariadb:0.23

It happens with all of the reports imported from analytics seed.

Reshma Bidikar

May 24, 2022, 9:59:51 PM5/24/22
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Hello,

Apologies for the delay in responding.  Could you take the latest version of the analytics plugin and give it a try? There was a bug in the plugin which was just fixed. If the issue still persists with the reports, could you help me by providing details about which operating system you are on and how you are importing the reports?

Regards,
Reshma

Nour El-din Mansour

Jun 2, 2022, 5:38:32 AM6/2/22
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Hello ,

I installed the plugin using the Kaui interface , "Install New Plugin" ... and then i select "analytics"

For the operating system i am using Ubuntu 20.04 and docker.
I installed using docker-compose ( which i attached )
Also importing the reports through downloading the resources folder ( https://github.com/killbill/killbill-analytics-plugin/tree/master/src/main/resources )  ... into killbill docker instance ( using docker cp ) ... changing the API keys and credentials in seed_reports.sh file .. and running it inside the container.
I also attached the seed_reports.sh output .

seed_reports_output.txt
docker-compose.yml

Nour El-din Mansour

Jun 2, 2022, 5:39:59 AM6/2/22
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Also i wanted to mention that i installed it through Kaui KPM interface because i couldn't find the .jar file in the repo so i can install it through the command line.

Best Regards,
Nour Mansour.

Reshma Bidikar

Jun 2, 2022, 9:23:26 AM6/2/22
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Hello,

I believe there was a bug due to which an older version of the analytics plugin got installed via Kaui. This is now fixed. So,  could you try installing the analytics plugin again via Kaui?

Regards,
Reshma

Nour El-din Mansour

Jun 2, 2022, 10:03:30 AM6/2/22
to Reshma Bidikar, Kill Bill users mailing-list
Hello ,

So i installed the new plugin on a clean installation, it gave me a different error this time , that " Table &#39;killbill.v_report_refunds_total_daily&#39; doesn&#39;t exist";
And i checked the database , i didn't find these views ... so that's good news.
But why am I missing them ? And how can I get the rest of the missing views ?
These are the views I have , it appears to be missing most of them.
I checked the invoice adjustments daily and the others , they seem to work.
image.png

Pierre-Alexandre Meyer

Jun 2, 2022, 11:02:44 AM6/2/22
to Nour El-din Mansour, Reshma Bidikar, Kill Bill users mailing-list
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Kill Bill users mailing-list" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/killbilling-users/CAJyVyhV%3DxBbjpKQKpNqHECny6x1-_V0XcTjVQj1NBv%3DJg0u0Rg%40mail.gmail.com.

--
Pierre

Nour El-din Mansour

Jun 2, 2022, 11:11:22 AM6/2/22
to Pierre-Alexandre Meyer, Reshma Bidikar, Kill Bill users mailing-list
Hello,

Yeah , that worked nicely 👍
Thanks a LOT guys for helping in fixing this ,I really appreciate it ☺

Nour El-din Mansour

Jun 2, 2022, 11:13:09 AM6/2/22
to Pierre-Alexandre Meyer, Reshma Bidikar, Kill Bill users mailing-list
Although I am curious as to what made the views in the subfolders not imported correctly, maybe I should investigate that.

Pierre-Alexandre Meyer

Jun 2, 2022, 11:13:21 AM6/2/22
to Nour El-din Mansour, Reshma Bidikar, Kill Bill users mailing-list
Sweet!

Glad we could help ☺
--
Pierre

Pierre-Alexandre Meyer

Jun 2, 2022, 11:16:13 AM6/2/22
to Nour El-din Mansour, Reshma Bidikar, Kill Bill users mailing-list
These views are mostly examples for users to get started. The seed_reports.sh script was initially created for the core team, for development purposes. I suspect some of the views changed and the script wasn't updated correctly unfortunately.

PR welcome if you can find the issue!

--
Pierre