Is there a plugin that handles french e-invoicing?

Manuel Odesser

Mar 13, 2023, 9:55:38 AM3/13/23
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Hi there,

At my company, we are drafting a new invoicing tool. As per Franch law, starting mid-2024, companies must send all their invoices to a third-party.

It seems there is nothing available out-of-the-box in KillBill. We would rather not develop this in-house.

Does anyone know whether such a plugin exists?

Pierre-Alexandre Meyer

Mar 13, 2023, 10:38:25 AM3/13/23
to Manuel Odesser, Kill Bill users mailing-list
Hi Manuel,

No such plugin exists AFAIK, but Wovenware could certainly do it (https://killbill.io/customized-billing-system/).

Could you send me a link to the details as to what is required? I'm quite curious about the details. It's fine, if it's in French ;-)

Thanks!

Pierre

Manuel Odesser

Mar 13, 2023, 12:15:00 PM3/13/23
to Pierre-Alexandre Meyer, Kill Bill users mailing-list
Hi Pierre-Alexandre,

Thanks for the quick response. You'll find general information at:

This is not yet enforced in France. However, I'd better get information now rather than too late.

Tiago Baccala

Mar 14, 2023, 3:43:44 PM3/14/23
to Kill Bill users mailing-list, Pierre-Alexandre Meyer
Hello Guys,

Does anyone know how can I assign an existing Payment that is in the account level to an existing invoice ?

Thank you.
--
Tiago Baccala

Reshma Bidikar

Mar 15, 2023, 10:28:09 PM3/15/23
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Hi Tiago,

Could you please elaborate what you mean by payment at the account level? A payment is always against an invoice. So if there is a default payment method associated with an account and if an invoice is generated for the account, payment is automatically triggered against the invoice using the default payment method.

Regards,
Reshma

Shaun Forgie

Mar 15, 2023, 10:31:51 PM3/15/23
to Reshma Bidikar, Kill Bill users mailing-list
Hi Reshma,

This is a scenario where the payment method is external_payment and the customer has paid into our account directly, possibly by setting up an automatic payment. So we have an deposit in the bank account and we have to reconcile that to the account | invoice somehow.

Rgs
Shaun

Shaun Forgie [Principal] - Method Maker Ltd
57a McIntyre Rd, Manukau 2022, Auckland, New Zealand
Mobile +64 21 666 910

Reshma Bidikar

Mar 16, 2023, 8:10:13 AM3/16/23
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Thanks for the clarification Shaun.  Would adding a credit help? When a credit is added, this would be adjusted against subsequent invoice(s).

Regards,
Reshma

Tiago Baccala

Mar 16, 2023, 2:14:19 PM3/16/23
to Reshma Bidikar, Kill Bill users mailing-list
Hi Reshma,

The case is: there's an API  /1.0/kb/accounts/{accountId}/payments  that performs a payment directly in the Account on KB.

An external payment system called this API with a Purchase Payment to the Account and it seems that the payment does not apply at the Account Balance, the payment stays "unassigned" at Killbill.

How can I "use" this payment and apply it to the Account Balance? Do I need to assign that to an invoice? How can I do that? Otherwise, the API /1.0/kb/accounts/{accountId}/payments is useless.

The credit is not useful here because I need to register in Killbill the details and custom fields of an external payment (credit card, expiration, gateway, name, etc).

Thank you!
Tiago Baccala

Reshma Bidikar

Mar 17, 2023, 2:53:10 AM3/17/23
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Hi Tiago,

Thanks for sharing these details. So, if I understand right, your issue is that the account balance is not updated on invoking the Trigger a Payment endpoint. Is that correct?

Regards,
Reshma

Tiago Baccala

Mar 17, 2023, 8:56:37 AM3/17/23
to Reshma Bidikar, Kill Bill users mailing-list
Perfect Reshma!! That’s correct.

I wondering if anyone on the group or Killbill founders know how to handle that.

Best.

--
Tiago Baccalá

Reshma Bidikar

Mar 17, 2023, 10:05:48 AM3/17/23
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Thanks for confirming Tiago, let me discuss this internally with the team. I will get back to you.

Regards,
Reshma

Tiago Baccala

Mar 17, 2023, 1:26:58 PM3/17/23
to Reshma Bidikar, Kill Bill users mailing-list
Thank you very much Reshma !

--
Tiago Baccalá

On 17 Mar 2023, at 11:05, Reshma Bidikar <res...@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks for confirming Tiago, let me discuss this internally with the team. I will get back to you.

sh...@methodmaker.co.nz

Mar 19, 2023, 5:04:54 PM3/19/23
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
The team at Bill Rush would also be interested in supporting this initiative. We would also like to look at supporting the following international e-invoicing standards https://docs.peppol.eu/poacc/billing/3.0/

Rgs
Shaun

Reshma Bidikar

Mar 19, 2023, 10:13:56 PM3/19/23
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Hi Tiago,

I discussed this internally. In order for the invoice balance to go down to zero, the payment needs to go through the internal payment control machine. For this, you would need to use the  https://killbill.github.io/slate/#account-trigger-a-payment-for-all-unpaid-invoices endpoint.

Hope this makes sense, if not feel free to get back with further questions.

Regards,
Reshma

Tiago Baccala

Mar 21, 2023, 3:36:34 PM3/21/23
to Reshma Bidikar, Kill Bill users mailing-list
Tks my friend.

Is that possible to include custom fields or additional information on that service “pay all invoices”?
Like number of credit card, expiration date, gateway, name, etc?

Best.
--
Tiago Baccalá