KPM adding new plugin

Екатерина Лысыченко

Dec 8, 2021, 4:58:34 AM12/8/21
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Hello, can anyone help me. Now I added new plugin by command

./kpm install_java_plugin analytics --from-source-file analytics-plugin-7.2.6.jar --destination /var/tmp/bundles

But I want to write this plugin to kpm config, if it exists. Is it possible? it is need for using automatization and decreasing amount of command in command line

Reshma Bidikar

Dec 8, 2021, 6:32:34 AM12/8/21
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Hello,

If you want to automate plugin installation, you can do it via Docker. So, you can create your own Dockerfile that pulls the Kill Bill docker image and add instructions to install the necessary plugins. You can then use this custom Docker image (that contains Kill Bill and plugins) to perform other installations.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Reshma

Екатерина Лысыченко

Dec 8, 2021, 7:03:15 AM12/8/21
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Unfortunately, docker is not my way, that's why I want use only configs

среда, 8 декабря 2021 г. в 14:32:34 UTC+3, res...@gmail.com:

Reshma Bidikar

Dec 9, 2021, 3:40:16 AM12/9/21
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Hello,

AFAIK, there is no way to automate plugin installation in a non-docker environment. But if you could provide information about your Kill Bill setup I can check again.  Also, could you please elaborate what you mean by "kpm configs"?

Regards,
Reshma

Екатерина Лысыченко

Dec 9, 2021, 7:00:27 AM12/9/21
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Hello, I installed kill bill and kaui with tomcat by war files(https://docs.killbill.io/latest/getting_started.html).
I suppose, that kpm config is file with some setting strings, if it possible
When I execute "./kpm install_java_plugin analytics --from-source-file analytics-plugin-7.2.6.jar --destination /var/tmp/bundles", should this analytic plugin be written into some file?

четверг, 9 декабря 2021 г. в 11:40:16 UTC+3, res...@gmail.com:

Екатерина Лысыченко

Dec 10, 2021, 3:15:36 AM12/10/21
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
hello, also I have not found kpm config for docker

четверг, 9 декабря 2021 г. в 15:00:27 UTC+3, Екатерина Лысыченко:

Reshma Bidikar

Dec 10, 2021, 3:31:38 AM12/10/21
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Hello,

When you run " ./kpm install_java_plugin analytics --from-source-file analytics-plugin-7.2.6.jar --destination /var/tmp/bundles", this command copies the specified plugin jar file into the destination path ( /var/tmp/bundles in the example above). AFAIK, there is no kpm config file. So, in your case, you will need to run the command above to install the plugin each time.

Regards,
Reshma

Екатерина Лысыченко

Dec 10, 2021, 4:46:55 AM12/10/21
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Why I just can't move this plugin jar file to /var/tmp/bundles? I tried this, but it is not work and plugin have not showed in kill bill

пятница, 10 декабря 2021 г. в 11:31:38 UTC+3, res...@gmail.com:

Reshma Bidikar

Dec 13, 2021, 6:38:00 AM12/13/21
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Hello,

You can directly copy the plugin jar to the  /var/tmp/bundles as well. Please refer to the deploying by hand section in the plugin documentation.

Regards,
Reshma

Екатерина Лысыченко

Dec 15, 2021, 7:33:01 AM12/15/21
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Hello , can you help me about "copying that jar at the right location" from article deploying by hand ? What is mean?
Can I write jar path to kpm.yml maybe?

понедельник, 13 декабря 2021 г. в 14:38:00 UTC+3, res...@gmail.com:

Reshma Bidikar

Dec 16, 2021, 6:22:49 AM12/16/21
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Hello,

Copying the jar simply means building the JAR and manually copying it to /var/tmp/bundles (or whatever path you have specified). You do not need to do anything else.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Reshma