Killbill Client Library

Gabriel Adeyemo

Jun 2, 2024, 11:30:30 AMJun 2
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Hi,
are there any step by step KB client installation procedures? tried to follow the one for python (via gthub) and keeps failing. when I finally got it working, it complains about use

karan bansal

Jun 2, 2024, 1:10:25 PMJun 2
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Hi Gabriel,

Could you please let me know what version of Python are you trying. What error do you encounter?

Regards
Karan

Gabriel Adeyemo

Jun 4, 2024, 9:24:09 AMJun 4
to karan bansal, Kill Bill users mailing-list
hi Karan,
the killbill python libraries in github

it also complains about using a library variable within the code. i used the latest python

Could you kindly provide some step by step processes on how to install client libraries for python or java?

Gabriel Adeyemo

Jun 4, 2024, 9:24:16 AMJun 4
to karan bansal, Kill Bill users mailing-list
I also tried to install client library from https://github.com/killbill/killbill-client-js.git

the installation instructions aren't clear

what i get when trying to run the "example" script is the error below

Error: Cannot find module '/home/gabriel/node_modules/killbill/dist/index.js'. Please verify that the package.json has a valid "main" entry at tryPackage (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:437:19) at Module._findPath (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:705:18) at Module._resolveFilename (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1120:27) at Module._load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:975:27) at Module.require (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1225:19) at require (node:internal/modules/helpers:177:18) at Object.<anonymous> (/home/gabriel/index.js:1:18) at Module._compile (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1356:14) at Module._extensions..js (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1414:10) at Module.load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1197:32) { code: 'MODULE_NOT_FOUND', path: '/home/gabriel/node_modules/killbill/package.json', requestPath: 'killbill'

installed the package with

karan bansal

Jun 5, 2024, 1:46:26 PMJun 5
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Hi Gabriel,

For the JS client, these are the steps that I used to install/test. Make sure, you have the config details updated at https://github.com/killbill/killbill-client-js/blob/master/test/account.test.ts#L16.

Install NodeJS + NPM. The easiest way is to using nvm.
Install the libs in the project: npm install.
Run test: npm run test -- test/account.test.ts

For Python client, could you please try with python 2.x ( I tested it out with 2.7 ).

Regards
Karan

Gabriel Adeyemo

Jun 12, 2024, 5:27:35 AMJun 12
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Thanks for these pointers.

are there any docker appliance already created for client libraries?

karan bansal

Jun 12, 2024, 1:03:04 PMJun 12
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Hi Gabriel,

I don't believe so. You ll need to setup them based on the which library you intend to use.

Regards
Karan