question regarding the credits api

daniel.n...@gmail.com

Jun 6, 2022, 5:26:40 PM6/6/22
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Regarding the credits api.
Is it possible to have killbill calculate the amount to credit in anyway?

If an account has been charged vis subscription billing, lets say 1 month, and i want to refund an amount that covers 10 days.
At the moment i have to make my own calculation and in case the period covers a catalog change this can get complicated.

Is there some way i can just give a plan and two dates and have killbill calculate it?
Is this a feature that has been discussed previously?

karan bansal

Jun 7, 2022, 1:55:14 PM6/7/22
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Hi Daniel,

Thanks for writing in.

Let me discuss this with the Dev team to gather more information and if there is any way to achieve this currently, will keep you posted.

BR,
K.

daniel.n...@gmail.com

Jun 8, 2022, 6:09:47 AM6/8/22
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Hi Karan

Thanks!

karan bansal

Jun 8, 2022, 8:58:06 AM6/8/22
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Hi Daniel,

I checked with the Devs on this and as of now this is not available out of box. However, this can be achieved in a way using the Invoice Dry Run Api here. You can use this to pass the parameters and let it generate the value and you can use that to set the credit.

BR,
K.

daniel.n...@gmail.com

Jul 5, 2022, 7:05:01 PM7/5/22
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Hi Karan

Having taken a look at the documentation and trying using the API im still a bit confused.

Is it possible to find the price of a given plan in the catalog with a start and and end date?

/Daniel

daniel.n...@gmail.com

Jul 6, 2022, 4:07:48 AM7/6/22
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Hi again

I think i figured out how to find the amount by using the same formula in
https://groups.google.com/g/killbilling-users/c/rb-Yut0_4eI/m/mSuU-kTxAAAJ

/Daniel

karan bansal

Jul 6, 2022, 8:27:27 AM7/6/22
to Kill Bill users mailing-list
Hi Daniel,

Yes that also seems an appropriate calculation. Please feel free to let me know in case of any more questions.

Regards
Karan