working with oracle / nosql

Nishantha Pradeep

Jul 31, 2013, 10:50:11 AM7/31/13
to killbil...@googlegroups.com
Hi all

Can kill-bill operate on a oracle or nosql database ?

Thanks
Nishantha

Pierre-Alexandre Meyer

Jul 31, 2013, 11:58:40 AM7/31/13
to killbil...@googlegroups.com, Nishantha Pradeep
On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 10:50 AM, Nishantha Pradeep <mailton...@gmail.com> wrote:
Can kill-bill operate on a oracle or nosql database ?

Kill Bill requires a JDBC connection to a database. Although you can try to make it work with a NoSQL database, it's probably going to be non-trivial.

It should work on Oracle, although we've never tried it. Some of the queries might need some re-writing too (around the global locker for example). Feel free to report back here your errors if you give it a shot, we'll be happy to make the necessary changes to support Oracle.

--
Pierre-Alexandre Meyer

Nishantha Pradeep

Jul 31, 2013, 11:44:27 PM7/31/13
to Pierre-Alexandre Meyer, killbil...@googlegroups.com
Definitively I give it a try.

Nishantha Pradeep

Jul 31, 2013, 11:46:24 PM7/31/13
to Pierre-Alexandre Meyer, killbil...@googlegroups.com
we are on it.

Thanks
Nishantha

keyur.m...@gmail.com

May 9, 2016, 12:10:23 PM5/9/16
to Kill Bill developers mailing-list, mailton...@gmail.com
Hi,
Am trying to make it work with Oracle 11g and Tomcat 8.33 Will the latest version of Kill Bill support Oracle? Am getting DB errors, though :-(

Sincerely,
Keyur.

keyur.m...@gmail.com

May 9, 2016, 12:16:21 PM5/9/16
to Kill Bill developers mailing-list, mailton...@gmail.com, keyur.m...@gmail.com

Below are the errors we are getting while trying with Oracle 11g:-

Error in custom provider, java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: A metric named main.pool.TotalConnections already exists
at org.killbill.billing.server.modules.KillbillPlatformModule.provideDataSourceInAComplicatedWayBecauseOf627(KillbillPlatformModule.java:115)
at org.killbill.billing.server.modules.KillbillPlatformModule.provideDataSourceInAComplicatedWayBecauseOf627(KillbillPlatformModule.java:115)
while locating javax.sql.DataSource
for parameter 1 at org.killbill.commons.jdbi.guice.DBIProvider.<init>(DBIProvider.java:61)
while locating org.killbill.commons.jdbi.guice.DBIProvider

Error in custom provider, java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to get driver instance for jdbcUrl=jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:bct
at org.killbill.billing.server.modules.KillbillPlatformModule.provideDataSourceInAComplicatedWayBecauseOf627(KillbillPlatformModule.java:115)
at org.killbill.billing.server.modules.KillbillPlatformModule.provideDataSourceInAComplicatedWayBecauseOf627(KillbillPlatformModule.java:115)
while locating javax.sql.DataSource
for parameter 1 at org.killbill.commons.jdbi.guice.DBIProvider.<init>(DBIProvider.java:61)
while locating org.killbill.commons.jdbi.guice.DBIProvider
at org.killbill.billing.server.modules.KillbillPlatformModule.configureDao(KillbillPlatformModule.java:105)

Pierre-Alexandre Meyer

May 12, 2016, 7:42:42 PM5/12/16
to keyur.m...@gmail.com, Kill Bill developers mailing-list
On Mon, May 9, 2016 at 12:16 PM, <keyur.m...@gmail.com> wrote:
Below are the errors we are getting while trying with Oracle 11g:-

Error in custom provider, java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to get driver instance for jdbcUrl=jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:bct

Did you add the Oracle JDBC driver to your classpath? Kill Bill only comes with drivers for H2, MySQL and PostgreSQL.

--
Pierre