Shabbat Shalom! Services start at 5:30 in the main sanctuary

1 view

KI Community Kabbalat Shabbat (KICKS)

Jan 7, 2022, 9:25:05 AM1/7/22
to MAILING LIST

KICKS Events:

  1. Davening this week: 5:30pm in person and on Zoom

  2. 1/15 Melaveh Malkah with Base Boston

Davening this week: 5:30pm in person and on zoom!

Join KICKS starting with Kabbalat Shabbat at 5:30pm. We'll sing, share words of Torah, and prepare to welcome Shabbat together. We’d love to see you in person or online!

IN PERSON: In the Main Sanctuary

ZOOM: Join us for Kabbalat Shabbat HereDownload a Siddur to follow along

Notes for in person services: We hope you join us!

  • We expect those in attendance to be fully vaccinated (including booster) against Covid-19 as soon as eligible.

  • Masks are mandatory inside for all campus gatherings, ideally KN-95, N-95, or double surgical masks, given the infectiousness of the current Covid-19 variants.

  • If you are not feeling well, please stay home

  • Singing is very much encouraged!

  • View KI’s up to date Covid-19 guidelines here. We deeply appreciate everyone’s patience and ongoing careful Covid-sensitive conduct as we work together to keep our spaces open.

View this week's full schedule of online davening, learning, and community building at KI.

SATURDAY, JAN. 15TH @ 6:00-8:00PM

Melaveh Malkah with Kol Kahol (In Person & Virtual Options)

Join us at Congregation Kehillath Israel (or virtually through a livestream) Motzei Shabbat for our first ever "Melaveh Malkah" series, starting January 15th. Hosted by Kol Kahol, Boston's premier Jewish and Bluegrass band, join us in song, music, and communal singing as we transition from Shabbat and into the new week. Inspired by Hadar's Rising Song Institute, we will be sharing new niggunim, melodies, stories, and words of Torah as a community. No cost, but registration is required. See other upcoming BASE Boston programing for people in their 20s and 30s.

KI’s Care Team

Do you have extra time on your hands?  Are you eager to help others by schlepping groceries, making a video call to someone in need, or providing another type of support?  Sign up here to volunteer through KI's  Care Team. If there is something you need, an errand, grocery run, or know of someone we should reach out to - please contact Shari Lecker or Eliza Katz.

Looking forward to sharing Shabbat with you,

The KICKS Leadership Team:

Stephanie Berkowitz

Elizabeth Bonney-Cohen

Talia Laster

Deb Laufer

Brian Meyers

Elizabeth Perten

Harvey Tuch

Please email us with questions, comments, feedback, and to sign up for the listserv: KIKabbal...@gmail.com

Congregation Kehillath Israel

384 Harvard St.

Brookline, MA 02446

Website:  https://kicks.community/

Find us on Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/groups/328611620204/

KICKS is a warm community of spiritually engaged Jews that strives to create  soulful, energetic Friday night t'filah and nourishing, inclusive  communal activities. We cultivate a traditional-egalitarian davening atmosphere that is committed to powerful prayer experience, within the  broader communal fabric of Jewish learning and socializing in Brookline and Boston. We welcome new faces and seasoned ones; people of all ages, backgrounds, genders, and orientations; and encourage everyone to join us in taking responsibility for the group experience.