Shabbat Shalom!

KI Community Kabbalat Shabbat (KICKS)

Jun 10, 2022, 1:48:00 PM6/10/22
to MAILING LIST

KICKS Events:

  1. Davening this week: 6pm in the Chapel

  2. Mazal Tov to Craig Byer & Naomi Konikoff!

Davening this week: Join KICKS starting with mincha at 6pm. We'll sing, share words of Torah, and prepare to welcome Shabbat together. We’d love to see you in person or online!

IN PERSON: In the Rabb Chapel Downstairs

ZOOM: Join us for Kabbalat Shabbat Here

Notes for in person services: We hope you join us!

  • Masks will be optional for all in attendance

  • We expect those in attendance to be fully vaccinated (including booster) against Covid-19 as soon as eligible.

  • If you are not feeling well, please stay home

  • Singing is very much encouraged!

  • View KI’s up to date Covid-19 guidelines here. We deeply appreciate everyone’s patience and ongoing careful Covid-sensitive conduct as we work together to keep our spaces open.

Kiddush this week is sponsored by the KICKS Kiddush Fund, so thanks to all who have donated!

If you'd like to sponsor kiddush in someone’s honor, please email us or to make a donation to the Kiddush fund, please send a check to KI with a note in the memo line that specifies KICKS Kiddush Fund. Thanks!

Visit our website: https://kicks.community/

View this week's full schedule of online davening, learning, and community building at KI.

Mazal Tov to Craig Byer & Naomi Konikoff!
Mazal Tov to Craig Byerr and Naomi Konikoff on the birth of their baby girl on May 23!

If you would like to help out with meals for the family, a link for Take Them a Meal is here: https://takethemameal.com/VSVA0443 (password: 0523).

KI’s Care Team

Do you have extra time on your hands?  Are you eager to help others by schlepping groceries, making a video call to someone in need, or providing another type of support?  Sign up here to volunteer through KI's  Care Team. If there is something you need, an errand, grocery run, or know of someone we should reach out to - please contact Shari Lecker or Eliza Katz.

Looking forward to sharing Shabbat with you,

The KICKS Leadership Team:

Stephanie Berkowitz

Elizabeth Bonney-Cohen

Talia Laster

Deb Laufer

Rayna Levinson

Brian Meyers

Elizabeth Perten

Harvey Tuch

Please email us with questions, comments, feedback, and to sign up for the listserv: KIKabbal...@gmail.com

Congregation Kehillath Israel

384 Harvard St.

Brookline, MA 02446

Website:  https://kicks.community/

Find us on Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/groups/328611620204/

KICKS is a warm community of spiritually engaged Jews that strives to create  soulful, energetic Friday night t'filah and nourishing, inclusive  communal activities. We cultivate a traditional-egalitarian davening atmosphere that is committed to powerful prayer experience, within the  broader communal fabric of Jewish learning and socializing in Brookline and Boston. We welcome new faces and seasoned ones; people of all ages, backgrounds, genders, and orientations; and encourage everyone to join us in taking responsibility for the group experience.