Visibility of view

tali labok

Aug 8, 2016, 1:59:23 PM8/8/16
to KIF iOS Automated Testing Framework
Hi,
We use kif framework in our ui tests.
Is there a way to check if a view is actually displayed for the user on the screen?
As I understand you can click on a view even if it's not seen on the screen.

Do you have any plans to extend the functionality and check if the view can be seen?

We use expresso for our android tests and using espresso you cannot click on a view if it's not displayed at least 90% on the screen.

Thanks,
Tali

Tony Mann

Aug 8, 2016, 2:00:55 PM8/8/16
to KIF Group
Tali,

Thanks for your question. Glad you are using KIF.

You could check the view’s frame vs the screen’s frame. KIF has no plans to add this functionality.

Tony