Can KIF automate the default settings page and accept certificates

Stathis

Jan 26, 2012, 5:08:51 PM1/26/12
to KIF iOS Automated Testing Framework
Hi,
I'm trying to automate the acceptance of certificates and verify what
profiles where pushed to a specific device.
Do you think that KIF is the right framework to do this ? Does KIF
allow automation of core iOS pages and pop ups or they need to be part
of a third party app ?
Thanks
S.

Jim Puls

Feb 3, 2012, 2:50:06 PM2/3/12
to kif-fr...@googlegroups.com
KIF runs inside your app, and as such, has no access to any other apps. Usually, when we're testing something that involves a system-level setting, we find the proper plist to hack inside the simulator and change that; you might take a look at how KIF turns on accessibility when necessary.

-> jp

Sudarshan Hegde

Jun 22, 2016, 7:24:01 AM6/22/16
to KIF iOS Automated Testing Framework
Hi ,

Even I want achieve this . Can I do this on real Device ?

Thanks
Sudarshan

Michael Lupo

Jun 22, 2016, 8:08:53 AM6/22/16
to kif-fr...@googlegroups.com
You can only interact with the application that KIF is running in. That said, KIF cannot interact with any other application or core OS UI. If you're building/testing application A, then you cannot interact with Application B or core OS.
KIF uses the UNIT test framework. So if you can't get access to an object in a unit test, likewise you cannot get at it with KIF

Sent from my iPhone