testing on iOS devices not supported

Abbey Jackson

Sep 9, 2015, 7:03:39 PM9/9/15
to KIF iOS Automated Testing Framework
I'm wondering if anyone knows how to fix this? (see screenshot)

When I added KIF to a simple test project everything worked fine, I was able to run the tests on my device.

My project at work however, I am getting this error. The only solution I could find said to make sure the test host and bundle loader are correct, and they are.

The project I am working on does not work in the simulator, therefore I need to be able to run tests on the device.

I really have no idea what else to try. Any ideas?

Screen Shot 2015-09-09 at 3.39.12 PM.png

Michael Lupo

Sep 10, 2015, 5:21:40 AM9/10/15
to kif-fr...@googlegroups.com
Abbey,
This is smelling like not a KIF thing as much as it has to do with how you have your Test project configured. What if you take KIF out of the picture in that test schema? Or add a new unit test schema without KIF?
Does your app under test have a UI?
What Xcode version are you using?

Mike
<Screen Shot 2015-09-09 at 3.39.12 PM.png>

Abbey Jackson

Sep 10, 2015, 11:48:30 AM9/10/15
to kif-fr...@googlegroups.com
Michael, thanks for the reply and thanks for your questions as they got me thinking and I discovered the problem: The Host Application was not set to the correct target.

-Abbey

mike...@aol.com

Sep 10, 2015, 2:11:16 PM9/10/15
to kif-fr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Abbey,
Glad you got it solved.

Now, become a killer KIF user and spread the word.
:)

Regards,
Mike