How does kif waits for resources to idle ?

Ashish Tyagi

Mar 14, 2017, 12:53:31 PM3/14/17
to KIF iOS Automated Testing Framework
Hello.
Am trying to understand how kif handles waiting for animations and network requests to complete. Any explanation, link to already available post around this will help.

Some more background: Am evaluating KIF and EarlGrey to write functional tests for my app in order to move away from Calabash, which is relatively slow. While there are some fundamental similarities between the frameworks, the speed at which KIF executes tests is faster than Earl Grey. That makes me curious about how KIF is achieving that.

Tony Mann

Mar 22, 2017, 7:18:40 PM3/22/17
to KIF Group
Waiting for animations is done via the waitForAnimationsToFinish method in KIFTester. Waiting for network requests is not part of KIF and must be done using XCUnit’s expectations.