Is there a way to record video snippets?

mike...@aol.com

Feb 5, 2016, 10:28:09 AM2/5/16
to KIF iOS Automated Testing Framework
Fellow KIFers,

Context: I have a test case that fails intermittently. The screenshot might be taking the screenshot too late (or early) for catching a toast message that should appear, but I cannot tell from the screenshot.
So I wonder, is there a way to record any video snippets in like fashion as a screenshot except it be video?

I envision being able to start/stop the video in KIFUITester. i.e. [tester startVideoRecording] which could be added to an intermittent test until you learn what's going on, The perhaps remove it.

I guess the questions to be answered are:
1) Am I just capturing the screen frames like screenshot does? (Ideally yes.)
2) Am I using an external web cam instead? Well, that could be another way of doing it. But it requires an external web cam. Might be the easier solution

Thoughts? Comments? Nitrous Oxide?
Mike

Tony Mann

Feb 20, 2016, 9:19:12 PM2/20/16
to kif-fr...@googlegroups.com
Could you just take a bunch of screenshots in a tight loop instead of creating a video?

Tony

Michael Lupo

Feb 20, 2016, 11:44:34 PM2/20/16
to kif-fr...@googlegroups.com
Interesting. I wonder how KIF would perform if it was busy writing out at the same time it was running a test...

Sent from my iPhone

Kra Larivain

Feb 21, 2016, 4:34:51 AM2/21/16
to kif-fr...@googlegroups.com
The delays/main loop blocking caused by this could temper with your bug tracking.
Might be simpler to check out quicktime or a screencast tool, see if you can script them and call them from kif (luckily, you might be able to exec a script from the objc side of things).