SoundTracker screenshots.

Hermann Samso

May 12, 2003, 7:17:28 PM5/12/03

May 13, 2003, 7:52:28 AM5/13/03

May 13, 2003, 1:15:28 PM5/13/03

if it is/was commercial.

Thanx again,
SoLo2

> Bye,
> Thomas

Troy Nagler

May 13, 2003, 8:09:58 PM5/13/03
Hermann,
SoundTracker was good on the old A500. It was not compatible with later AGA
machines like the A1200.
I don't have the program, but remember it. Protracker came much later and
was backward compatible with the Soundtracker modules and runs on AGA.
To the best of my knowledge SoundTracker was not a commercial program. But I
can't be sure. It's been a long time. There were eventually about 20 disks
of sound samples, sampled by different people and put together over time.
These ones were public domain collections. The program itself ? I dunno.
What makes you search for it ?

Troy

Gunther Nikl

May 14, 2003, 3:13:56 AM5/14/03
In de.comp.sys.amiga.misc Troy Nagler <m...@privacy.net> wrote:
> To the best of my knowledge SoundTracker was not a commercial program.

The original SoundTracker by Karsten Obarski was a _commercial_ program.
Making screenshots is difficult since soundtracker and friends went
directly on the hardware. Thus you must search for an image in chipmem
after you exit the program.

Gunther

--
Linux is only free if your time has no value
- Jamie Zawinsky

Alan Tiedemann

May 14, 2003, 4:14:34 AM5/14/03
Hallo Gunther!

Gunther Nikl schrieb:

> The original SoundTracker by Karsten Obarski was a _commercial_ program.

Yes, that's right.

> Making screenshots is difficult since soundtracker and friends went
> directly on the hardware. Thus you must search for an image in chipmem
> after you exit the program.

WinUAE *does* exist ;-)

Alan

Troy Nagler

May 14, 2003, 4:20:47 AM5/14/03
Thanks for clearing that up, Gunther,
I remember Karsten Obarski's tune in Christal Hammer - quite catching.
It could be, that I mistake SoundTracker (orig) with SoundTracker2. I can't
remember Karsten Obarski's name on that. But again, it's been a long time. I
hope, Hermann finds, what he's after.

---------------------
Gunther Nikl <g...@gecko.de> wrote in message

Troy Nagler

May 14, 2003, 4:45:53 AM5/14/03
Hermann,
there seems to be a small screenshot of the original ST here:
http://www.protracker.de/index.html

there's heaps of Tracker History info on the net - you should be able to
find more screenshots for sure.

Good luck,
Troy

pixel_pusher

May 14, 2003, 8:04:42 AM5/14/03
"Troy Nagler" <m...@privacy.net> wrote in message news:<b9s1gp$ml5h0$1...@ID-124606.news.dfncis.de>...

Go to this page http://exotica.fix.no/. It's got an archive of all(and
I *DO* mean all) amiga trackers that ever apeared on the platform.

Zbyszek

Jan Klok

May 14, 2003, 8:16:50 AM5/14/03
Hermann Samso <h...@informatik.uni-kiel.de> wrote in message news:<Pine.GSO.4.44.0305130113340.14664-100000@bombadil>...

Hi, I made some SoundTracker compilation disks some time ago (must be
more than 10 years ago). I'll look to see if I still have them. I'll
dms them and mail them to you if that's OK.

Alan Tiedemann

May 14, 2003, 8:16:04 AM5/14/03
Hi pixel_pusher!

pixel_pusher schrieb:

> Go to this page http://exotica.fix.no/. It's got an archive of all(and
> I *DO* mean all) amiga trackers that ever apeared on the platform.

[Übersetzung für alle, die kein Englisch können: auf der obigen Website
gibt's ein Archiv *aller* Amiga-Tracker, die jemals erschienen sind.]

Nachtrag: Da gibt's nicht nur Amiga-Tracker, sondern auch eine
wahrscheinlich komplette Liste (leider nur die Liste!) aller
Amiga-Demos, die jemals rausgekommen sind.

Und eine Fotogalerie, bei der sich vor allem die beiden "Amiga-Tower"
wirklich zum Neidischwerden eignen... Da hat tatsächlich einer 6 (in
Worten: SECHS!) Amiga 1000... und einen Berg an Spielen... *wow*

Alan,
mal wieder nostalgisch werdend!

Angus Manwaring

May 14, 2003, 2:09:08 PM5/14/03
On 14-May-03 00:09:58, Troy Nagler said

>Hermann,
>SoundTracker was good on the old A500. It was not compatible with later AGA
>machines like the A1200.
>I don't have the program, but remember it. Protracker came much later and
>was backward compatible with the Soundtracker modules and runs on AGA.
>To the best of my knowledge SoundTracker was not a commercial program. But I
>can't be sure. It's been a long time. There were eventually about 20 disks
>of sound samples, sampled by different people and put together over time.
>These ones were public domain collections. The program itself ? I dunno.
>What makes you search for it ?

Well, its a bit good isn't it - and great fun. :)

The AGA versio that I was most happy with was Protracker 2.3D which should
be on Aminet.

All the best,
Angus Manwaring. (for e-mail remove ANTISPEM)

I need your memories for the Amiga Games Database: A collection of Amiga
Game reviews by Amiga players http://www.angusm.demon.co.uk/AGDB/AGDB.html