Success Story - Missing child found

Kids Missing

Jul 20, 2009, 7:32:23 AM7/20/09
to kidsm...@googlegroups.com

If your email program doesn't support html, then please visit - http://www.missingindiankids.com/KidsMissingAlert/

A missing child recovered due to Kids Missing Alert
Our efforts helped reunite a missing child with her parents.

Missing Children Website Child Found Contribute (80G Tax Benefit)

National Centre For Missing Children Kid Missing Alert - 20 July 2009

Dear Friends

Thanks again for your support and involvement. With your help and support, we have been able to reunite Komal (3 year old girl, missing since 18th June 2009) with her parents. We have been saying all along - It is impossible for any one person, organization or government to search for the missing children on their own. All of us have to join together and help in the search for missing children. Community involvement is vital for the ultimate success. This has again come true. Without your help and support we would not be able to find Komal.

Here is a brief synopsis - how Komal was found.

Missing Child's Name -  Komal Rathod
Date of Birth - 14 April 2006
Date of Missing - 18th June 2009
Place of Missing - From outside her home in Mumbai
Found at - Pune
Date found - 15th July 2009

Komal went missing while playing outside her home in Mumbai. Her parents searched for her frantically in their locality without any success. They finally filed a report in a Mumbai Police station on the 19th of June 2009.

We at, National Centre For Missing Children, received the details about the missing child, from the Missing Persons Squad, Mumbai in the 1st week of July. In the past we had sent Missing Children's reporting forms to the police stations in all the major cities and to the Director General of Police of all the states. MPS, Mumbai is one of the few police stations in India, who fill our forms and sends them to us regularly. Also, all the police stations in Maharashtra are on our mailing list.

On the 15th of July we sent Komal's picture/poster along with 3 other missing children's pictures through our eNewsletter, Kids Missing Alert to more 2,77,000 recipients  (goes out to - orphanages, police stations, NGOs, banks, companies, schools, individuals etc). Kids Missing Alert is the largest Google group in India and the 8th largest in the world. We request each one of the recipients to print just ONE poster, imagine the reach and the increased chances of finding missing children - the pictures of missing children would be viewed by more than 275 million. On a minimum side a poster would be viewed by 1,000 people depending on the location where it has been put up. E.g. In offices - min 200, in schools/colleges - min 1000, in shopping malls - min. 1,00,000, at the railway stations - min. a few hundred thousand, rear window of a car - min. 5,000. A printout would cost less than Rs.2/- and take less than 5 minutes of someone's time; but for the parents of the missing children and for the missing children it can, perhaps, be priceless. The Kids Missing Alert of 15th of July can be viewed at - http://www.missingindiankids.com/KidsMissingAlert/090715kmalert.htm . The poster can be viewed at - http://www.missingindiankids.com/KidsMissingAlert/090715kmposter.pdf

On the 15th of July itself we received a call from one of the recipients (Renuka Shishu Griha - an orphanage in Pune) of our Kids Missing Alert, that they have a child who looks very similar to the picture of a missing child in the poster and says her name is Komal and also responds to this name. However, she could not say her last name -Rathod. We immediately informed the Missing Persons Squad, Mumbai. After ascertaining that the child was Komal we informed her maternal uncle, Mr. Gopal Jadhav who is a student in Vidya Pratishthan College of Engineering, Baramati. Komal's parents are not educated and are labourers. Filing of the report and all the running around was/is being done by Mr. Jadhav. After hearing from us he immediately rushed to Pune and on the 17th identified Komal and since then he has been in constant touch with us.

What were the chances of finding Komal?
Komal's parents are not educated and have very limited resources. They could not afford to spend too much time/money searching for their child. Their search would start and end in their locality - Sion Koliwada, Mumbai. The girl was found in Pune - Khadki Railway Station by railway police. The girl could not say from where she was and could only say her name - Komal and not even her last name. She was taken to an orphanage. What if no one at the orphanage saw the Kids Missing Alert or the eNewsletter went into the SPAM folder or it just got deleted? You can call it a chance/destiny or whatever.

Current status (20th July 2009). The child is still in the orphanage because some government formalities have to be completed. The parents have to get identification proof, a letter from Pune Police, a letter from CWC etc. The parents have not met the child as it can be quite traumatic for the child - as they would be able to meet the child but not take her with them. Can anyone in Pune please help in expediting the procedure?

Special Thanks to Mrs. Khushtrasha Sheikh of Renuka Shish Griha, Pune who regularly prints the posters of the missing children, sent by National Centre For Missing Children, and puts them up on their notice board. She was the one who recognized the child.

About NCMC -
Since its inception in 2000, National Centre For Missing Children (Regd. NGO. Regn. no. 734) a national level, non-religious, non-political, non-profit making, non-governmental organization, has focused on preserving our most precious resources - our children and has been providing FREE SERVICES to the parents/guardians of the missing children and to the Law enforcement agencies. Our aim is to disseminate as many pictures of the children missing as possible. More are the pictures of the Missing Kids distributed, more is the probability of finding them.

Our Appeal -
A missing child is counting on us. We alone cannot find the missing children. It is impossible for any one person, organization or government to search for the missing children on his or her own. All of us have to join together and help in the search for missing children. We need your help in finding these children, to put smiles back on their faces. Let us make a beginning and let us convey to the families of the missing children that never again this crisis will be endured alone. We care and it’s our united efforts that will make the difference. Each of us can do our own little bit to help in bringing the missing children home. Community involvement is vital for the ultimate success in finding the missing children.

Thanks once again for your support and involvement.

Regards,

for National Centre For Misisng Children,

Anuj Bhargava

National Centre For Misisng Children
502 Chetak Centre,
1/2 RNT Marg,
Indore - 452001
Phone: 0731-2519279

These children have been missing for a very long time.
Please take a good long look at them. You might have seen them somewhere.
Nishanta Das Kalpit Chandwar Vishal Talreja Dharam Raj Gohil Samiksha Gupta Mohil
Gordhara
Raj
Hanspal
Giandeep Singh

Krishnakant Tripathi John
Lobo

Husaain
Zakir

Anjali
Khan

Naresh
 Kumar

Divyanshu
Tiwari

Animesh
Budhware

Rashmika Chumber
Click here for A/4 size poster.

 If your have a website/homepage please put a
Photo Rotating Java Banner .

National Centre For Missing Children (Regn. No. 734 dated 19/3/2001)
(A national level, non-religious, non-political, non-profit making, non-governmental organization)
502 Chetak Centre, 12/2 RNT Marg, Indore-452001 (MP) India. Ph: (91 731) 2519279

Missing Children Reporting Form

Found Children Reporting Form

Police, Parents/Guardians looking for missing children can download the form and send it to us with complete details.

Download reporting form for a child who has been found and is in custody/orphanage and is looking for his/her parents.