Sprite Deployment

Zac Manchester

Mar 19, 2019, 9:43:45 PM3/19/19
to KickSat-gs
Hi Everyone,

We have sent commands to deploy the Sprites, and have confirmed that the commands were received by KickSat-2. Unfortunately, our passes have all been at night, so we haven't been able to receive any Sprite signals yet. We are looking for as many people as possible to record daylight passes around 437.240 MHz. We need at least 64 kHz IQ recordings to be able to decode the Sprites. Thanks for all of your continued help!

Best,
Zac

Zac Manchester

Mar 22, 2019, 5:25:20 PM3/22/19
to kicks...@googlegroups.com, Julian Priest
Thanks Julian! We have also heard them at Stanford on multiple passes. Still working through the data. More to come...
-Zac

On Mar 22, 2019, 2:24 PM -0700, Julian Priest <jul...@informal.org.uk>, wrote:
Sprite signals detected by Dwingeloo! Congratulations Zac!

https://twitter.com/cgbassa/status/1109187588336824321

Sprites are 5mins ahead of Kicksat2.

/julian

http://julianpriest.org | jul...@greenbench.org | +64 211 808 626
Thomas King Observatory, 40 Salamanca Road, Wellington 6012, NZ

Rob Fryer in San Diego

Mar 26, 2019, 11:11:40 AM3/26/19
to KickSat-gs
Look forward to Zac reviewing all this at Space Access Conference Fremont April 18-21
Rob
Verne San Diego KickSat Team

TG

Mar 26, 2019, 12:35:10 PM3/26/19
to kicks...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rob, Zac, anyone. I'm sure I speak for many when I say congratulations to all who worked to make this happen. I for one would be more than happy to participate again. Also we are keen to learn what has been observed and what conclusions drawn especially from the signals received. What options are available to people like me who wonder if our own Sprites were able to get a signal to the ground, but are unable to attend the Space Access Conference, (except in our dreams)?
Cheers
Terry

Zac Manchester

Mar 26, 2019, 4:37:56 PM3/26/19
to kicks...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone,

Sorry for being out of touch - it has been a little busy on my end for the past couple of weeks. A couple of notes:

1) We’re currently working on analyzing all of the data we’ve received and pulling out all of the individual ChipSat signals. I will post more information, along with the decoder code and raw data in the coming weeks.

2) Eventually the results of the mission will be presented at conferences and published in various ways, but I don’t have any plans to attend or present at the Space Access Conference.

Thanks again to all of you for your continued enthusiasm and support! I’m hopeful that we can begin to fly these sort of missions more often and involve more people in them in the future.

-Zac