Release of Kicksat2 Femtosatellites

T G

Feb 10, 2019, 2:15:14 PM2/10/19
to Janos Tolgyesi, kicks...@googlegroups.com, Michael Turner, jul...@greenbench.org, Zac, S marie Johnson, lw2...@gmail.com, Gibson, Terry
Hi

I just read on SpaceFlight.com that the Cygnus Freighter (NG-10) that carried Kicksat 2 to the International Space Station has now departed from the ISS  and manouvered to release 3 cubesats MySat1, CHEFSat and our own Kicksat2.

(see pages 18 +)

NG-10's NORAD Id is 43704.  Its orbit can be tracked at N2YO.com:

Desperate for information I checked Twitter and found:
#MySat1 will deploy into low Earth orbit on Wednesday 12 Feb at 4pm UAE time.

I know Kicksat2 will be the last of the 3 cubesats to deploy.

If anyone has any further information, particularly about the time of release of Kicksat 2, please share what you know.

Regards
Terry

Josiah Densmore

Feb 10, 2019, 2:33:59 PM2/10/19
to kicks...@googlegroups.com
Very exciting!
Thanks for letting us know.

Weather Underground PWS KMOMANSF4

Julian Priest

Feb 12, 2019, 4:36:02 AM2/12/19
to kicks...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

just wrote to Zac and he sent a note saying it looks like Kicksat2
deployment is going to be Wed night GMT.

The sprite exact deployment time is still TBD but will be probably be
Thursday or Friday and is dependent on how quickly NASA give permission
for release.

Updates on twitter @zacinaction once there is more info going.

The Cygnus NG-10 is 43704
https://celestrak.com/NORAD/elements/active.txt

CYGNUS NG-10
1 43704U 18092A 19043.12721638 .00006069 00000-0 17623-3 0 9998
2 43704 51.6402 263.5339 0005636 8.0783 352.0290 15.36871160 13491

A web tracker here:

https://www.n2yo.com/satellite/?s=43704

cheers

/julian

http://julianpriest.org

T G

Feb 12, 2019, 6:23:30 PM2/12/19
to kicks...@googlegroups.com
I heard today from NanoRacks to say KickSat-2 will be deploying at 5:45 pm ET (10:45 pm GMT) tomorrow, February 13th. Fingers crossed then!
Terry

Zac Manchester

Feb 12, 2019, 9:49:05 PM2/12/19
to kicks...@googlegroups.com
Yes, we’re deploying from Cygnus tomorrow! I will post TLEs here as soon as they are available.

- Zac

Michael Turner

Feb 12, 2019, 9:55:01 PM2/12/19
to kicks...@googlegroups.com
I thought the Sprites release would be early March. Uh-oh. Well, my
plans have gotten de-complicated in a way.

Regards,
Michael Turner
Executive Director
Project Persephone
1-25-33 Takadanobaba
Shinjuku-ku Tokyo 169-0075
Mobile: +81 (90) 5203-8682
tur...@projectpersephone.org

Understand - http://www.projectpersephone.org/
Join - http://www.facebook.com/groups/ProjectPersephone/
Donate - http://www.patreon.com/ProjectPersephone
Volunteer - https://github.com/ProjectPersephone

"Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward
together in the same direction." -- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Michael Turner