kicksat 2

Ron G8FJG

Feb 14, 2019, 2:13:56 PM2/14/19
to KickSat-gs
Hi there,
     tried receiving k2 today without any luck...I was using Zak's TLE .

using the TLE for 2018-092c and 2018-092d ..(.they seem to be flying very close to each other)

I noticed some signals 10khz ish down the band arriving some 6mins before I should have AOS.

 I have no reasonable passes for another 14 hours, but have just seen some updated TLE posted on this forum so will input those tomorrow.

the sigs were of good strength and appeared at the right heading and lasted the correct time.

Using a 14ele  x pol az-el yagi driven by HRD into a Flex 5k U/V ...so all Doppler taken into account.

more tomorrow.

there are so many satellites up there I don't really know if its what we're looking for

 G8FJG  22km east of London JO01CM

Zac Manchester

Feb 14, 2019, 2:18:00 PM2/14/19
to kicks...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the update! We have so far been able to hear a couple of packets at the right frequency with the correct timing for the KickSat-2 beacon (1.7 seconds long every 60 seconds) but only very close to the horizon. I’m not very confident in that TLE and we haven’t gotten any real tracking data yet, so the early signal you saw could very well be our beacon. Do you have any recordings?

- Zac

Ron G8FJG

Feb 14, 2019, 3:04:12 PM2/14/19
to KickSat-gs
ok

the fsk sigs I saw were much closer in time interval perhaps every 20-30 sec.
   If you're confident of the QRG( frequency) my station is GPS disciplined so can sit there for ever.
   The signals  received here were the only satellite signals seen +-50khz of .505 ..
   thought I was on a winner!!
   I record the whole spectrum while receiving, takes up a LOT of memory , but it will only play back on my kit.
   I'll try again tomorrow

 Ron G8FJG  22km east of London JO01CM