RE: Kicksat-2 IQ recording 23 Feb 1943Z pass

Ken Swaggart

Feb 23, 2019, 2:53:39 PM2/23/19
to kicks...@googlegroups.com

This pass had a max el of about 50 degrees and the signal was fairly strong. It appears there is a lot of drift during the transmission. Couldn’t decode this one either.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wymz8liixrdmztm/SDRSharp_20190223_194318Z_437337920Hz_IQ.wav?dl=0

73,

Ken, W7KKE

CN75xa

Zac Manchester

Feb 25, 2019, 12:43:17 PM2/25/19
to kicks...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ken,

Thanks for these recordings. I haven’t been able to get anything out of them either. Just curious - what is your setup?

- Zac

Ken Swaggart

Feb 25, 2019, 2:12:45 PM2/25/19
to kicks...@googlegroups.com

Zac,

Sorry you haven’t been able to decode anything. I’m getting good decodes from MySat-2 which has a similar modulation, but stronger.

The antenna is a M2 15x15 crossed Yagi, RHCP for that pass, and SSB mast-mounted preamp. Receiver is an AirSpy with SDR#,  and the tracking software is homebrew.

Ken