Sprite grc-s

Janos Tolgyesi

Nov 25, 2018, 3:28:48 PM11/25/18
to KickSat-gs

I think, it is the time, to refresh my receive/decode software for sprites.
I have a 18.04 vers. ubuntu, with installed gnuradio, 3.7.11. I downloaded the latest github grundstation package, but not started the install script, only compiled into this system the sprite grc-s. After make, and make install I forget to put the ldconfig, to configure the new libs access path. When I first started the SpriteRecorder_RTL.grc, come up an error message. When I made the ldconfig, it disappeared, and it runnig. From the rtl-sdr dongle recorded some data/wav file, ofcourse not contains real data.
After I tried the SpriteReceiver2.grc. It working too, but of course havenot real signal.
Following the instruction, to modify this grc, to use the input from the recorded file, I had new errors.
Finally, a made a new, more simple grc, deleted the blocks, not need for the decode from the recorded file. I installed into it a Trottle block, and enabled the File Source block. I put here a screenshot of this grc.
After this it seems, working well. But I dont know, the attached SpriteSample.dat file contains real data, and how can see the decoded data. Maybe it need some valid PRN ID-s in the correlator blocks?
I see only some signals in the Correlator Output GUI, as you can see on the second screenshot.
Best wishes:
t.janos

decodefromfile.png
correlator.png