Kicksat2 possible visual observation

Janos Tolgyesi

Mar 26, 2019, 3:19:09 AM3/26/19
to KickSat-gs

Now, when we arrive to the last time of the Kicksat2, and Sprites, it can note again, our chance to observe them last minutes have very small chance, maybe it is tend to zero. But if somebody want to check this small chance, here is an easy method, how can calculate the possible orbits, on which try to observe the last event.
- you can register on https://heavens-above.com site
- choose from the Configuration menu this: Change your observation location and other settings
- fill your location's coordinates
- log in with your account
- choose the Satellite Database item
- Search the Kicksat2 satellite.
- Klikk to one of visible orbit. You can see a skymap from your observation point with the orbit of the Kikcsat2 in the stars.
If the weather conditions good, you have the very small chance to observe the burning point on the sky, based on this map and time stamps.
(If you repeat this process with a large satellite, you have more chance to see one on the sky.)
t.janos

TG

Mar 26, 2019, 7:37:27 AM3/26/19
to kicks...@googlegroups.com